Saturday, September 18, 2010

Aussie Goodness

I recently did a swap on MUA with Elizabeth in Australia, where they have many pretties that we never see in stores in the U.S. She sent so many things on my wish list, just look:



Left to right: Bloom Bianca; Ozotics Pro 504, 520, 730, 27, 111, 120.


It was hard to decide which to swatch first; I eventually chose 504, a purple-based duochrome shimmer. Well, really more like a tri- or quad-chrome; this is one complex polish, so I took lots of pictures.

I first tried it on its own. It's a bit sheer, so I ended up using four coats. It's possible I was subconsciously doing thinner coats than normal, though, in an attempt to use less of this precious polish. This first photo was taken in my lightbox, and you can see just a hint of the color change from brownish red at the tops of my nails to blue purple on the bottom.



Since the sun was actually shining, I moved outdoors for these next pictures, the better to show off the different colors that flash from this polish. I still need lots of practice photographing duochromes but hope you can get some idea of how great this polish is. (I also hope you can ignore the bit of cotton or something that I managed to trap in the polish; I did my best to shoot from angles that didn't make it look like a mountain in the middle of my nail but it's definitely spottable.)









Though I could have stood out on the porch for much longer admiring the pretty colors, I came back in because I wanted to try it layered over black. I used two coats of Rimmel Lycra Wear Black Satin as a base and followed with two coats of 504. (I might have been able to stop at one but thought two would give better depth to the colors.) The black underlayer really brought out the blue in the 504 but didn't interfere at all with the color-changing goodness. (And here I would like you to ignore not only a cotton wisp mountain, but the big smudge I got from moving my fingers around to enjoy the colors before the polish was quite dry.)





This is an awesome polish. I understand it's not overly easy to obtain, even if one is in Australia, and I thank Elizabeth so much for making the effort to get it and its friends to me.

21 comments:

  1. oh, these ozotic polishes are really drool-worthy... I hope to get mine sometime before they are even harder to get :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got 4 Ozotics in a swap, too! I am so fortunate that the awesome girl wanted to swap with me, I could thank her forever! Ozotics were seriously my #1 lemming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look gorgeous, I can't wait to see the others! I think it looks even better over black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color play in different angles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful color :) I loooveee purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, they do all go on a bit sheer - love them layered over either black or their matching base colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow that colour is stunning!!!

    really differant...good choice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice swap and nice new goodies you get. :) I love this one, it's so special.

    I don't have any duochrome, but they look like quite interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH I WANT ALL OF THESE. lol =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, even living in Oz myself doesn't guarantee that I know where to find Ozotic Pros. I really need to ask someone because I want some too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These Ozotics are in my lemming list for a while now.
    They are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's my question - why haven't I even HEARD of ozotic? I'm from Oz for pity's sake!!

    I do know Bloom but I have never purchased.

    Truly fascinating... thank you for posting these!!! *BV scurries off to find ozotic*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I need them all!!!!

    I need to find a Aussie swap mate.

    I have avoided the MUA board, too much drama...thanks for posting, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW that is amazing! And I love how no matter what color it is, it's pretty; some polishes that flash different colors I feel have one beautiful color and then one kind of ehhh color. Not this one though! I'd never heard of thisbrand before...might have to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.