Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recent NOTD: American Apparel Factory Grey

I hadn't worn a neutral in a while, so American Apparel Factory Grey seemed like a good choice. I got this in a swap with Smita. It only took two coats and wore well for the few days I had it on.





Before I took it off, I tried stamping it with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Uptempo Plum and Konad plate m3. I had some trouble getting the images to fully transfer, but hey, flowers in nature aren't always perfect, either, so I was okay with it. I double stamped my middle finger just to see if could do it without overlapping the flowers (I almost managed).

10 comments:

  1. I love your design and I love greys. I have been dying for some american apparel polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love greys and this one is no exception ;) I had some problems with transferring patterns but few days ago I stuffed some paper under that rubber stamping thing- and it works perfectly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combination works well. I have fallen in love with AA polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it both alone and with the stamp. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the shade of this grey. I'm still on the look out for a good one here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grey. I'm waiting for my first AA polishes to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone!

    migdall, you stuffed paper under where? The plate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this gray, seems really perfectly light in your pics. I've found out darker grays don't suit me, yet I can't find any lighter ones here. This one looks very cool, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, Karen, I've just noticed your question. I took that rubber piece off the stamp (my essence stamp consists of two pieces), put some paper underneath so there is no empty space there. I assume that makes the stamp less flexible and harder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is by far my favorite American Apparel color. Every time I wear it I get complimented.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.