Monday, November 29, 2010

A Couple of Quick Comparisons

Mr. Karen and I traveled to Illinois for the long Thanksgiving weekend, so I spent much of the past few days either in the car or spending time with family rather than updating this blog. Now I'm back to my regular routine, so there shouldn't be any big gaps between posts for the next few weeks. Goodness knows I have many things I want to post about!

A week or so ago, Tamara of Mocha Mish Mash wondered how OPI Samoan Sand compared to Sally Hansen Wet Clay, so I pulled those two out for swatching.




Samoan Sand (top), Wet Clay (bottom); two coats each.


As you can see, Samoan Sand is more peachy and sheer than Wet Clay. They both have a place in my stash.

Before I put away the Barielle and CHI polishes I swatched last week, I wanted to see how a couple of them compared to Chanel Khaki Rose, since I still haven't found a good dupe for that one.


Left to right: Barielle Cashmere or Loose Me, Chanel Khaki Rose, CHI My Cornerstone in Manhattan.



Top to bottom: Cashmere or Loose Me, Khaki Rose, My Cornerstone in Manhattan, Khaki Rose.


The Barielle has much more red in it compared to Khaki Rose (and there's the issue of the secret shimmer; the Chanel has none), but the CHI is pretty close. It's a bit too light to be a true dupe, but for about one-third the price I think it comes close enough.

7 comments:

  1. So glad I have the Barielle. Love the Chi bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Samoan Sand gives you mannequin hands. It actually took me a few seconds to register that you were wearing polish on that top finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHI My Cornerstone in Manhattan is very close to the Chanel. Makes it worth picking up IMO. Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe that all these lovely browns made me think of chocolate? Now I really wish I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I need to pick up Samoan Sand! I think it would a great nude for my skin tone - something I'm always looking for! TY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I love them all ! They are all similar but each one is different !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.