Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recent NOTD: L'Oreal Hopeful Plum

Hey, I'm almost caught up with my nails of the day posts; today's feature is the color I had on my nails just before what I'm wearing right now. This is Hopeful Plum from L'Oreal, a deep berry shimmer that covered in two coats. It was released in fall 2009 as a limited edition but I saw a stray bottle of it at a Rite Aid recently, so I think it's not impossible to get even now.



I love the shimmer in this. At first glance in the bottle, it just looks gold, but when the light hits (even indoors), pink and oranges sparkles show along with the gold, and it's just so pretty.



That's all I've got for now; my work is even busier than usual this week so I'm having to cut way back on my other activities. Of course I've got no reason to complain since work funds my stash enchancement.

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm loving colors like this right now. *sigh* and the lemming list keeps on growing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice color :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, I feel you on the busy work thing. Maybe it is the pre-holiday rush... The shimmer in this is great...the name, Hopeful Plum, is odd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour and the shimmer is really pretty. A funny name though! I hope work isn't too busy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice shade. Perfect for the Holiday season too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've seen this bottle... gorgeous colour. No doubt this was never released in Oz. I love the name "Hopeful Plum" hehehe

    Thank you for this!

    BV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies!

    I *think* the name Hopeful Plum was given because this was part of the "Color of Hope" collection for that year (a portion of sales goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.