Monday, November 1, 2010

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Touch of Mink Plus

Normally I try not to do two nails of the day posts in a row, but I'm still not caught up even though I did wear the same thing for days and days during my trip, so today I have the nails that followed Vital Violet. I started with Touch of Mink from the recent Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure collection, then ecided it needed something extra, so added Orly Love Each Other on top. Purple with brown? Sure, why not— I'm a strong proponent of the "purple goes with everything" school of thought.



If I wrote down how many coats I used of each, that information is lost in my backpack or dining/photography room at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it was two and two. The sparse glitter from Love Each Other blended in so much with the dark Touch of Mink that I think I might have been the only one who noticed the purple winking when the light caught it, but that's fine; it entertained me at least.







Brown is not one of my favorite colors, but I found I liked Touch of Mink. Maybe next time I'll try it without purple flecks.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I can barely see the purple, very subtle.

    I like touch of mink, maybe try it with HT??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i like the purple in it! so pretty!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brown. It's become one of my favourites...
    Could you try another coat of the Orly to see what effect it would have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the shimmer. Just barely but it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely brown, I really like it with the subtle purple shimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, good idea--I bet it would look great with HT!

    Katrina, thanks! I find purple makes so many things better. :)

    jaljen, I bet another coat of the Orly would pump up the purple nicely; I think I was just in a hurry to get done that day.

    kittypolishnbags, yep it's there, just not shouty. :)

    Gemx, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is one very special brown.. now that is gorgous. Unfortunately Sally Hansen retails for about $16 Australian which equals $16 US! I can't justify spending that much (we don't get many BOFOS here either..) but this one really really tempts me..

    The purple adds a really subtle sheen which I love...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.