Thursday, September 8, 2011

s-he 466 and Blair

I did a swap over the summer with Ivana of Ivana Thinks Pink and just recently had some time to try out a couple of the pretties she sent. My hand went to s-he Stylezone in 466 (if it has a name in addition to the number, I couldn't find it) first because I was so intrigued by the combination of grey with gold shimmer. The base is a greenish blue-toned grey, which I wouldn't think to pair with gold, yet the combination really works. Two coats and it was good.





The shimmer is pretty in regular room light and really pretty in direct light:



It almost seemed wrong to mess with 466, but Ivana also sent some glitters, and I couldn't resist trying one of them on top: Essence Nail Art Twins Blair. Blair has silver hex glitter in a couple sizes sharing a clear base with small holo glitter. As bling goes, it's pretty restrained. I used only one coat of it so as not to cover up too much of 466, and liked the effect quite a lot.





I know I am fortunate to have so many polishes easily available around here, but these swap goodies make it clear that some brands are holding out on me. Thank goodness for internet buddies like Ivana!

18 comments:

  1. I love love love essence and each time I see a post containing it my heart drops because they are not so easily available to me!

    That being said I love S-he 466 a lot!! That shimmer gets to me! It's gorgeous!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love S-he 466! One of my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this one is amazing & I love the glitter!!! I want international buddies :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. this she looks amazing!! I love the subtle shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color is so pretty! The glitter is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That combo looks great! I only have a couple s-he polishes...received from swapping too as not in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color! And the glitter makes it so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the combo!
    thats a nice glitter!
    love the hex glitters!
    (:

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I approve of the subtle blingage! I wish that my Ulta sold Essences other than the Colour & Go's. These polish twins look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shimmer is so pretty! Love the glitter top coat. It really made the manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the shimmer in that polish - the gold really works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh that polish is so pretty! The glitter you'v layered over it is stunning too =]
    I'm so grateful for swap buddies too, it's such a great idea =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a nice combo. I'm not a huge fan of greens either but the gold shimmer is great and blair on top makes it fab

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.