Instead of doing my nails today or editing pictures from my backlog, I've been playing with my blog set up. I'd seen other blogspot blogs recently that could reply to individual comments without having an outside comment service like Disqus, but that didn't show up on my blog automatically. Turns out I had to change a setting, which I found out from an article on Blogger Sentral. So far I've only tried replying to one comment, but that worked, so that's good. Of course the old comments I did replying to a bunch of people at once now look sort of goofy, but that's progress for you.
I also added a Pin It button at the bottom of the entry. I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been pinning all sorts of nail stuff, and it's handy when there's a button right there for me to use, so I thought it might be nice if I had a button here for other people to use. If you're on the home page of the blog, the pin will link to the home page, but if you're an entry, the pin will link right to the entry. If you want to see my pins, my profile is here. If you need an invite, let me know; I think I can do that, though I haven't so far. If you want a Pin It button for your Blogger blog, too, do like I did and follow the directions on Chykalophia Design, which I found my way to thanks to a tip from ReecesPeeces, the proprietess of Spit & Polish.
While I'm on the subject of blog changes, some time back I noticed my list of tags in the sidebar was getting really long, so I switched to dropdowns. I learned how to that from Spice Up Your Blog. Since another problem I was having was not being able to add all the tags I wanted sometimes because the names were long, being prefaced by brand:, color:, and so on, so when I switched to the dropdowns, I also shortened the names. At first I thought I'd just drop the prefixes, since the dropdowns would be separate, but that meant on the list of all of them, the colors were mixed in with the brands and finishes and that was too much chaos for me, so I just shortened the prefixes to things like b: for brand. That made me much happier. The one drawback I've found is that to maintain the dropdowns by category, I need to remember to add new labels to them, which I don't always do. (When I do, though, having the prefix makes it easy to see which ones are missing.) The top dropdown one always has all of the tags, though, so everything's accessible there.
Wow, I didn't realize I had so much to say about this subject, but I guess it's not surprising since I am a tech geek of sorts. I'll be back to nail stuff next week, though when exactly I'm not sure since I have to report for jury duty on Monday and who knows how that'll turn out. I might be home early or I might be stuck downtown all day or all week. In the meantime, if you notice any issues with the new setup, please let me know!