Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Big Money

There was no entry yesterday because I was in downtown Detroit serving jury duty, and it was surprisingly draining for a day with tons of down time (none of it really under my control, though). By the time I got home and took care of a few work things, all I wanted to do was veg out, which I did. I was serving again today, but it was a little easier since I didn't have to report quite so early and already knew how to get there and where to park and what places were around for lunch and stuff like that. Which is a long way of saying today there is an entry. Just a short one, though, since I still have to look at some things for work, which didn't stop just because I'm gone.

My nails early last week were glittery, because I can't go too long without it. The glitter in question was one of the Gem Crush from Sally Hansen, Big Money. It's the quiet one in the collection, a cool-toned gold and lilac combination that's what I'd call elegant bling.



Three coats gave me pretty much full coverage. I used one layer of Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat to smooth things out, though Big Money is not an especially chunky glitter; it lays pretty flat on its own.





Unfortunately, I did get some early chipping with this, on about day three. I'm not sure if that's Big Money's fault or if the Quimica strengthener doesn't play nice with it (since those are the only two things different from other glitter manis I've done that have lasted much longer) or if I was just especially clumsy with my hands that week. I'm sure I'll be wearing other Gem Crush before too long so I can do another wear test.

26 comments:

  1. this is my favorite of the collection, LOVE IT, I have it on right now :) I don't ever want to do Jury Duty arrggg drag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Money is really the only glitter that caught my eye from the collection. I love that it's unique and not a dupe of something else already out there. The color is also very beautiful and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is really nice and bears it's name very well!
    Good luck with your jury duty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really interesting glitter! I've yet to see this one in stores... think I might be drugstore shoppin' tomorrow, so we'll see what I can find:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very pretty! Elegant bling indeed. The purple and gold glitters work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jury duty...yea, that's fun. :/

    I love these two glitters mixed together. Not what I would have expected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is really gorgeous! I wouldn't have thought lilac would pair well with gold, but apparently it does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I just bought it the other day. Now I have to think of something neat to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this! The lavender is so pretty with the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quiet, but beautiful. Very classy, great glitter combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty but there's something...missing? Maybe if the gold were a little more yellow? IDK...but it's pretty anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw jury duty. Hope you had a nice rest afterwards!
    I love the glitter in this polish! I especially like the lilac glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful polish! It's subtle yet lilac adds some interest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely glitter! I've recently rekindled my love for glitter and am on a bit of a glitter overload right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok seriously? Now we are classifying glitters and this is elegant bling? I had no idea that there were such stratifications with glitter. I have much to learn sen se. Thanks for the email. I don't quite understand what you're saying but then again, I really haven't tried to understand it yet! Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers, I'm sure you'll understand when the time is right. If not, e-mail me and I will straighten you out.

      Delete
  16. I love glitters so I love this by default. I thought maybe I don't have to get the shades in this collection, but looks like I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing I didn't realize this one was so pretty I have to go get it now, I think I have tree so far, :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been going through a lot of your old posts and every single polish I want! haha. This glitter is pretty and then the lavender addition, gorgeous! Not sure i'd want to wear this as much, but would want to have it anyways:P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.