Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recent NOTD: Essie Main Squeeze Plus Lynnderella Love Lace and Lilacs

Every year my employer puts on a user conference for our customers, prospective customers, and partners, and most years I end up working at least part of it. We're issued shirts to wear, usually purple or black, as those are the two key colors in our logo (the third is lilac, and I'm guessing most of the guys would revolt if we got lilac shirts; the fourth color is grey, but it's a very minor player). Of course I ponder my nail color choice for this event carefully; it has to coordiate with the shirt and logo and not be too flashy because there will be people in attendance from conservative business environments who shouldn't be frightened lest they decide not to spend their money with us. The last two years I've gone grey and shimmery, with OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It last year and OPI Sheer Your Toys the year before. This time, I decided to push the boundaries a bit. I used a base of Essie Main Squeeze, a sheer lilac shimmer. On top of two coats of that, I added one of Lynderella Love Lace and Lilacs, a mix of white glitters in different shapes and sizes in a clear base. Yes, it's glitter, which I usually wouldn't do for a conservative business look, but it's white glitter, not super blingy metallic glitter. Against the pale base color, the glitter really wasn't noticeable from the distance most people saw my hands from, but it did give me something interesting too look at when I had downtime between my duties.







I didn't end up getting very many of the long bar glitters onto my nails, which was fine for my purposes. If I'd gone to a second coat of Love Lace and Lilacs that might have changed, but I didn't want to push the glitter look too far for this occasion.









Sun shot (in the car, with added shine on my skin because I am in the habit of rubbing on Mango Mend at stoplights):



I used only one coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat and that was enough to smooth out the glitter. This combination wore well for me; I ended up having it on for over a week. The pale sheerness meant tip wear didn't really show.

24 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I have resigned to the fact that I will never own a Lynderella, lol. They are so lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty choice and love you 'pushing the envelope' on your conference polish choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You put a new spin on wearing LL&L :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We obviously have a problem when we plot out how to match our nails to our business outfit and not be too flashy. What the hell is wrong with this picture? Hilarious when you said you were going to push the boundaries and then decide to wear pale on pale! That is freakin awesome! And you definitely must have something interesting to stare at during down times. I totally agree! I have this Lynn and it really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mani! I love the simple but so pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really has a lace feel to it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came very well! Love the subtle look of it but it's so interesting at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love that you put this over main squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this mani!! The Love Lace and Lilacs is so darn pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, so soft and light!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol. you are definitely a nail diva if you think of your nails first for matching outfits. This color is beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and awesome distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing,love Love Lace and Lilacs *.*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really pretty combo! I always love white glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.