Today for Nail Wheel Wednesday I have layering topcoats on their own and over black.
1. Orly Etoile (3 coats) [part of the French Manicure line]
2. Orly Twilight (3) [similar colors to Etoile, just somewhat more dense and larger shimmer particles]
3. Orly Love Each Other (3)
4. Orly Fifty-Four (3)
5. Orly Sky Blue Pink (2) [this is the only one I'd wear on its own; I expected it to go pink or blue over the black, not brown]
6. A Perfect 10 The One (3) [I've only ever seen this brand at Walmart; nice green/blue/purple shift in this over black]
7. A Perfect 10 Sparkle (3) [nice purple/orange/gold shift]
8. A Perfect 10 After Party (3) [same purple/orange/gold shift as Sparkle, just in a peachy base, which doesn't matter over black]
9. NYC Long Wearing Love Letters (3) [very dense shimmer with great color shifts; mostly blue/purple but at certain angles you can see green/blue/purple/orange/gold]
10. Essie As Gold As It Gets (3) [very dense, could have done one coat over the black; looks like a mix of shimmer, microflakies, and flakies]
11 through 20. Same order as above, two coats over black creme.
Bottles 1 through 5:
6 through 10:
American Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so I'll be taking a long weekend away from blogging to partake in holiday festivities. I have much to be thankful for, and hope those of you reading do, too, whether you're celebrating this weekend or not.
P.S. I know some of you already have found me there, but I don't think I ever linked it here: I'm on Instagram as thekarend. So far I've mostly used it to post a photo whenever I do a blog post, but once in a while I'll pop something else in there, like the closeup of the Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat the minute I found it or the bar my mom and I had lunch in the other month.