Friday, July 4, 2014

Actual NOTD: Festive for the 4th

I have just a few photos of what's on my nails right now for our Independence Day holiday. I put on a white base last night, 3 coats of Milani High Speed Fast Dry White on the Spot (which I did not like as well as my beloved and discontinued Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White). This morning, I put striping tape down the center of each nail and painted Cult Nails Kiss on one side and Essie Mesmerize on the other, then peeled off the tape leaving a white racing stripe. Then I went to town with my red, white, and blue glitters; each hand got a different set of five.

Glitters on my right hand, thumb to pinky: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Beach Ball (very goopy base on this one), Funky Fingers Fireworks, Oopsie Daisies 1776 Revisited, FingerPaints Red White & Hue (same as the Sally Hansen by the same name but this had nicer base consistency), Barry M Jewel Britannia.



Left hand: Pure Ice Freedom, Love My Nails Glory, Oopsie Daisies 1776, Girly Bits Vive la Revolution, Fergie 4th of July Parade.



And here's an outtake from me trying to get both hands in the same photo using the timer on my camera.



Hope those of you celebrating this weekend are having fun and staying safe, and I hope those of you not celebrating are doing the same!

10 comments:

  1. so festive! perfect colors for independence day... and you've got some stars too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patriotic manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice manicure, Karen! Really festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous look! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! And I see you included some bar glitters in there. It's not so bad once you get used to it, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so festive, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really festive manicure. So fun! I never get around to having holiday nails at the right time and I missed having 4th of July nails. Oh well. Love how glittery this is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what you'd call patriotic mani: stars, native colors...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.