Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Matte Topcoat Comparisons, Part 13

First it was the return of Nail Wheel Wednesday; today it's the return of the very sporadic matte topcoat comparison series. The competitors today are the returning favorite OPI ($10/15ml), Pacifica Matte 7 Free Top Coat (from Ulta; $9/12ml), Bliss Go to the Matte (purchased at Kohls; $12/15ml), and Essence Nail Art Satin Matt Top Coat ($2.99/8ml; I got mine at Fred Meyer but have also seen at Ulta).



As per usual, I applied these over a black creme and let them dry. Top to bottom and left to right in the same order at the bottles above.





The OPI, even this old bottle I'm still using, continues to perform like a champion. It's matte. Perfectly so. The Pacifica didn't level well and was more satin than matte. The Bliss was similar to the Pacifica, maybe a tiny bit better on the leveling and matte scales. The Essence has satin in its name, so I didn't expect this to be very matte, and it was not; however, it was slightly more matte than the Pacifica and Bliss, and a lot cheaper.

TL;DR The OPI is a better matte topcoat than any of the three newest ones to join my stash.


Links to all the episodes in this series (so far):

Part 1: OPI, Barielle, China Glaze, Sinful Colors, Butter London, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
Part 2: Revlon, NYC, Essie, Claire's
Part 3: OPI, Essie, GOSH, Cult Nails, Icing, Ulta, Fing'rs
Part 4: Orly, Salon Perfect, OPI, Sally Girl
Part 5: OPI, elf, L'Oreal
Part 6: Nicole by OPI, OPI, Sally Hansen, Formula X for Sephora, Deborah Lippmann, Dolce & Gabbana, Nails Inc., Nina Ultra Pro, Illamasqua
Part 7: Fresh Paint, OPI, CK One, Wet 'n' Wild
Part 8: Glitter Guilty, Rescue Beauty Lounge, H & M, Kleancolor, Wet 'n' Wild, OPI.
Part 9: Paul & Joe, OPI, Wet 'n' Wild
Part 10: Dr.'s Remedy, Zoya, Hollish, OPI.
Part 11:Julie G, Pop-arazzi, Pure Ice, OPI.
Part 12:Jin Soon, Morgan Taylor, Girly Bits, Colour Prevails, Wet 'n' Wild.


3 comments:

  1. I love your matte comparisons!! Even if this one wasn't terribly exciting. So glad to see it make a comeback as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's going to be hard to find a matte that's better than my current favorites. Maybe if Essence comes out with a true matte.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there was more comparisons!!! I accidentally commented on part 12 but I wanted to know if you heard of Cirque matte and/or KBShimmer oh matte? Never tried them but wondering how they measure up with the favs, especially since I'm trying to find the best reasonable matte.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.