Friday, January 27, 2017

Top 10 of 2016

I've done a Top 20 list every year I've been writing this blog, but 2016 was such a messed up year for me with all the travel and moving and my mom dying that I wasn't even sure if I wore 20 different polishes, so I'd decided to skip it. Then my friend Mel did a series of posts about her favorites in her blog Delicious Color, and I reconsidered. As it turned out, I had worn more than 20 polishes last year, but it was definitely a much smaller pool than prior years, so I decided to do a top 10 this go round.

Rimmel Mind the Gap Victoria, a light cornflower blue creme.



Kiko Velvet Satin Midnight Blue, a very deep navy matte shimmer.



SinfulShine Illusion, a blue shimmer.



Studio M Cherry Blossom, a pale pink shimmer topper, swatched here over Studio M By Design, a vampy berry creme.



LA Colors Color Craze Gel Magical, a lilac with gold and pink shimmer that can be worn alone or as a topper.



Orly Frenemy, a black jelly with silver holo microglitter and flakies, swatched here over Orly Makeup to Breakup, a dark teal blue creme.



Orly Color Blast Multicolored Gloss Glitter, a mulitcolored hex glitter topper, shown here in a jelly sandwich with Essence Nail Candies Peachy Keen:



Revlon Magnetic, blue glitter in a purple/blue duochrome shimmer base.



Lit NYC Power and Lovergirl, the former a blue/purple duochrome shimmer and the lattter a multicolored glitter topper, swatched together here.



I've pretty much gone back to my drugstore roots with this list. That makes sense, since I was on the road so much and dealing with other things, paying attention to indie releases was not a priority (and even if it had been, I wasn't home for weeks at a time, so getting them shipped to me would have been a challenge). I'm not sure what 2017 will bring. I have plenty of older indies in my untrieds, so I may start working through those as a supplement to the things I've been buying off the shelf recently.



5 comments:

  1. Uh, there are some really nice shimmers in this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first three polishes in this post could have come from my list... if I'd owned them (still miffed about missing out on the Kiko one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great list! It is amazing that only one of them is a creme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the LA Colors polish; very pretty. Seems like stores in my area (Central California) have not been refilling New York Colors polishes for several months now. I like the New York Minute Top Coat. Have you heard anything that might explain this restocking issue? Do you have it or see it in your area?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.