Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wheel Z8: Dirty Peach Shimmers

Today's episode of Nail Wheel Wednesday features some shimmers I recently unearthed in my ongoing unpacking effort. Now that they're on a wheel, I see that they don't necessarily form a cohesive 20-member team, though they are all sort of warm, light-ish neutrals, most of them suitable for consideration as "mannequin hands" colors (remember when that was briefly a thing in the nail world?). Some of them are shimmers only in the bottle, morphing into cremes for all intents and purposes once on the nail (or wheel).




1. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Brilliant Blush (3 coats) [much more sheer than I expected; might work as a topper]
2. Zoya Minka (3) [more taupe than should be on this wheel]
3. Wet 'n' Wild Crystalic Pure Mauve (3)
4. Zoya Shay (2)
5. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Cafe au Lait (2)
6. L'Oreal Soft Shell (3) [I quite like the tiny sparkles in this one]
7. Milani Bare in Mind (3)
8. Zoya Neveah (2)
9. Zoya Pandora (2)
10. Zoya Melodie (2) [love this one, with the fine silver sparkle]
11. LA Colors Color Craze Mega Watt (3)
12. OPI Skinny Dip'n in Lake Michigan (2) [tiny pink sparkles make this one much more interesting]
13. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nude Now (2)
14. Rimmel Play Fast Push It (2) [I remember hunting for these at Bed Bath & Beyond stores; guess I didn't realize this one was kind of brushstrokey]
15. Revlon Endless Possibilities (2)
16. L'Oreal Shock Proof Sheer Beige (2) [I miss these style bottles, with how nicely they snug together in a Helmer drawer; I do not miss how the caps never line up after they're opened the first time]
17. L'Oreal JetSet Shine After Party (2)
18. Confetti Heart Throb (3)
19. Maybelline Wet Shine Wet Sand (2) [almost a 1 coater; darker than I expected out of the bottle]
20. Sephora by OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff (3)


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.