Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Funky Fingers Sheers and Fresh Paint Solids

We had some rain up on the mountain, which was not at all good for the snow conditions but did mean I felt fine taking some time off the slopes to do some swatching. The Funky Fingers and Fresh Paint colors I bought the last time I was in Michigan have been languishing in my to be swatched box since then, pushed aside in favor of newer acquisitions like the holiday Sinfuls. Finally it was their turn. I am not sure if these are still available at Five Below; I'm guessing at least some stores still have them since turnover varies among locations.

I don't know if this was intentional, but the colors of the three Fresh Paint mattes really coordinated nicely with the colors of the three Funky Fingers sheers, so I had to swatch them together. Fresh Paint left to right on top: Matte with Love, Don't Get Matte Get Even, Matte Me Blush. Funky Fingers on the bottom: Turn Tint Up, Tint for Tat, Tinted Love.



I tried the coral shades first: Fresh Paint Matte with Love and Funky Fingers Turn Tint Up. My index finger (top) got three coats of Matte with Love; this dried more satin than matte, and had a very slight texture to it. On my other digits, I did a French tip with Matte with Love, then used Turn Tint Up to complete a funky French look. Middle finger got one coat of Turn Tint Up (which was not quite enough to perfectly smooth out the texture in Matte with Love), ring got two coats, and pinky got three. I liked that the sheer behaved well with one coat and was also buildable.





The purple pair consists of Fresh Paint Don't Get Matte Get Even and Funky Fingers Tint for Tat. I did the same pattern as for the corals. The finish on these was similar, with the matte drying to a slightly textured satin finish and the sheer working at one coat as well as building nicely.





I finished up with the pinks: Fresh Paint Matte Me Blush and Funky Fingers Tinted Love. The matte in this pair didn't have as much texture to it when it dried as the first two had, and the sheer seemed a little less sheer than the others, which was most noticeable at three coats.





I've got my stash organized in its new home to the point where I was actually able to find enough of my other sheers to compare to these Funky Fingers; that made me happy as I've missed doing comparison posts.

Corals/oranges: Funky Fingers Turn Tint Up, Sally Hansen Triple Shine Vitamin C-Light, Maybelline Express Finish Orange Water, Maybelline Express Finish Berry Water.



On the nail over a white base (all two coats), same order as bottles above:



Purple sheers: Funky Fingers Tint for Tat, OPI Don't Violet Me Down, Essie No Shrinking Violet, Sally Hansen Triple Shine Grape Jelly.



On the nail over white; two coats of all but for the Sally Hansen, which I did three of trying to build it up more:



And the pinks: Funky Fingers Tinted Love, OPI Be Magentale with Me, OPI Pen & Pink, Essie Love Sheen.



Over a white base, two coats except for Pen & Pink which was only one:



I'm glad I got these; it's nice to see different finishes at the drugstore price point. When I find my Wet Paints jellies, I may discover that I have dupes for the coral and pink sheers but that's okay (the purple is already pretty close to Essie).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.