Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wheel N10: Glitters from Island Girl and Color Zone

Today Nail Wheel Wednesday features glitter polishes from the Island Girl brand, which is available ABC stores. I got a few of these on my one and so far only trip to Hawaii, while the others came from the ABC in Las Vegas. The two Color Zone polishes rounding out the wheel got picked because their bottle shape and cap are the same (I got those at I want to say TJ Maxx, but maybe it was another discount chain).



(all are two coats except as noted below, and all have clear topcoat added)

1. Island Girl Red Sun
2. Island Girl Island Sun [this has white hearts in it that are disappearing against the nail wheel; next time I need to put a colored base under it]
3. Island Girl Waikiki Sunset
4. Island Girl Island Volcano [this would be better over a dark base]
5. Island Girl Island Coast
6. Island Girl Island Volcano (3 coats) [yes, same name as #4; not sure if a mislabel or recycling the name]
7. Island Girl Island Heat
8. Island Girl Island Sunset
9. Island Girl Island Paradise
10. Island Girl Hawaiian Islands [needs a colored base, I think; stars didn't need too much fishing to get out of the bottle]
11. Island Girl Surfing Safari [used dabbing technique to place stars]
12. Island Girl Aloha Surf
13. Island Girl Hawaiian Sunset
14. Island Girl Hawaiian Sun
15. Island Girl Island Color
16. Island Girl Island Sunset (3 coats) [yes, another duplicate name]
17. Island Girl Island Sunset (3 coats) [seriously, yes, I have three with the same name;
18. Island Girl Island Girl
19. Color Zone unnamed silver holo bar glitter topper
20. Color Zone unnamed blue and purple dense glitter


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:



In detail shots, you'll see I'm still learning how the new camera focuses, or fails to.













Direct light to bring out the holo glitter:





8 comments:

  1. Wohhhh...Such a pretty collection. Love them. Few bottles are truly amazing! <3 1 to 10 and 19,20 I like the most! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nailfame Thanks! I do love my glitters. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh la la, what a bunch of pretties! I'm envious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rainbowify Me Turnabout is fair play ... you have plenty of pretties I'd take in my stash, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. You got some pretty collection. love them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection. ABC store is a Hawaiian company and I have bought polishes there before :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I was happy when there was an ABC store across the street from one of the hotels where Mr. & I stayed on our one Hawaii vacation.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.