Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wheel L8: Glitters from Lynnderella and Girly Bits

It's the triumphant return of Nail Wheel Wednesday after over a year! Well, the return, anyway. Today it's glitter polishes from Lynnderella and Girly Bits. Lynnderella was one of the early indie nail polish brands, and one that had a fair bit of drama surrounding it for a while. That drama, and the way the maker was personally awful to a friend of mine, put me off the brand. With so many other options around, I never bought any more Lynns and started selling off the ones I had, though not before painting them on wheels—I think this the the third of four that had some Lynns on it. (The friend I felt bad for ended up disappointing a fair few folks later herself, so I don't even know.) All that said—and I suspect I've said it before but am dealing with a wonky internet connection today so can't look it up—the polishes are still interesting; enough time has passed that I might start wearing the ones I have left. The other brand on this wheel, Girly Bits, is another fairly early indie brand, one about which I've never heard any major drama. I haven't bought many from her recently but not for lack of wanting to, just from guilt over having so many polishes I haven't touched and my much smaller hobby budget in retirement. I'm glad I have some of these early Girly Bits, back when she was using paper labels and bottles with gems on them.



(Lynns three coats plus topcoat; Girly Bits are two coats plus topcoat)

1. Lynnderella Ghost of a Chance
2. Lynnderella Shape Shifter
3. Lynnderella The Stars in Her Eyes [this might be my favorite Lynn; so pretty and delicate]
4. Lynnderella Early Halloween
5. Lynnderella Witch Cauldron Was It
6. Lynnderella UnDead Red
7. Lynnderella Love Potion No. 99.9
8. Lynnderella VamPink
9. Lynnderella Very Pretty Vampire
10. Lynnderella Evermore
11. Lynnderella Night Shade
12. Lynnderella Once in a Blue Rune
13. Lynnderella The Bride Turned Blue [the camera shows some of the glitters as yellow when the eye does not perceive them that way]
14. Lynnderella She Lived in a Swamp
15. Girly Bits Magically Delicious
16. Girly Bits Hippity Hop [my favorite of these Girly Bits, though Magically Delicious comes a close second]
17. Girly Bits Promise Me
18. Girly Bits Canadian Eh
19. Girly Bits Vive la Revolution
20. Girly Bits Star Spangled

Bottles 1 through 7:



8 through 14:


15 through 20:



















Destash notes: I'm not entirely sure which of the Lynnderellas I've already gotten rid of. The Girly Bits I pretty much want to keep all of, though I could be persuaded to part with 19 and 20 because I have so many other red, white, and blue glitters.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, lovely glitters!
    I remember the drama, and that is exactly why I only own a few Lynns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a walk down memory lane. I need to do something with my Lynnderella as well. Just can't decide. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a walk down memory lane. I need to do something with my Lynnderella as well. Just can't decide. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof... polish drama. The one thing that makes me glad I'm not quite as obsessed as I once was. lol

    I did a total double-take when I saw "Nail Wheel Wednesday". It's been so long! Glitter is a great way to come back. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.