Monday, March 27, 2017

SinfulColors Stoned Crystal Shimmer Shades

Hi. Yes, I disappeared again for a while. I didn't mean to, I just overestimated my ability to post while away from home for three weeks. I did okay at the beginning of the trip, then got tired, possibly because I'd set an ambitious schedule for the non-blogging parts of my trip: driving from Michigan to Illinois to Wisconsin and then the reverse, visiting friends and family and taking care of some stuff at my mom's house and attending a long weekend conference along the way. Then I finally got home, the same day as a houseguest arrived, and I hadn't quite factored being a half-decent hostess into my blogging plans. Now the guest is gone, and I've mostly settled back into my usual routine (there are still a few things I need to finish unpacking and put away), so here I am, with four of this season's new SinfulColors shades. These are the four Stoned Crystal Shimmer colors that were in the Spring Trippin' display at my Walgreens in Idaho. There are more colors with this finish, but I didn't see them until I was on my trip (in a Spring Fever sidekick at a Walgreens), and my luggage was already flirting with being overweight on my flight out so I didn't want to buy a lot while I was traveling.

Left to right: Just Deserts, Thera-pewter, Desert Reign, Tealing Power.



All of these have small silvery/pearly white flaky shimmer in them; at times I thought I caught a glimpse of something warmer in Desert Reign's flakes, though that might just have been the effect of the warmer and deeper base color in that one. All of these were two coats as well, which was quite nice, especially for the lighter shades, which I thought might need three before I tried them.

Just Deserts is a light tan. It's definitely a nice neutral, a touch pale and not quite rosy enough to be mannequin hands on me but not clashing with my skintone either.







Thera-pewter is a pale cool grey.







Desert Reign in a purpley pink, what some might call mauve.







Tealing Power is a turquoise blue. This is the only one of the four that I wouldn't wear in a conservative office enviroment.







I like these; the finish is interesting and the formula is good. I hope to track down the other shades soon, though there's one I've yet to see anywhere, and I hit quite a lot of stores in my travels. Fingers crossed I get lucky at some place soon.

7 comments:

  1. I love these! I haven't been able to find the green one here anywhere though. I resorted to signing up in a facebook group for a mule because they are that pretty. I think they are my favorite Sinful releases so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!! Desert Reign is so pretty and feminine!
    A big hug =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of these. The blue one is my favourite of the bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only seen these four at my local stores and they have been out so long, that there are only a couple of lone bottles left. The others I can only find on eBay. What's up with that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to get my hands on any of these. They are so pretty! (so I'm going to see if there's an eBay seller that carries them and that ships to Europe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tiny flecks in these polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.