Monday, September 26, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Piú Mosso

As of a couple years ago, I had no idea what Rescue Beauty Lounge was. Then I fell in with the nail polish crowd at MakeupAlley and started seeing swatches of these high end polishes, and when there was a 5-hour 50% off sale announced in late 2009, I jumped on that and ordered five colors (Scrangie, Mismas, Orbis Non Sufficit, Stormy, and Teal). Since then, I've collected quite a few RBL colors, but it wasn't until late 2010 that I started pre-ordering entire collections as they came out. Yes, it's expensive, but a) free shipping for orders over $100 and b) if I buy them new when they come out, I don't have to jump through hoops to get them later when I find I regret not buying them. (For those of you who remember my pleading for votes for Locavore in the Bring It Back campaign, I will be ordering that extra to give away as soon as that batch of winners is released in October. Recently I got it in my head that I needed to complete my SpongeBob collection and swapped more than one Lippmann to get the one I was missing, Starfish Patrick.) All of which is a long introduction to why I got today's polish: Piú Mosso from the Firebird Collection, which arrived with its three siblings a while back. I feared this would be one of those dark shimmers that looks like a black creme most of the time, which I find to be rather a waste of my time, but I had to get it anyway.

In the bottle, Piú Mosso shows a lot of copper shimmer. The bottle also had a sticker on the side that I don't recall seeing on RBL before; not sure what that's about.



On the nail, most of the shimmer submerges into the blue black base color, but it doesn't disappear entirely even indoors. I used two coats, but could have done only one if I'd been paying attention.







In the sun, the shimmer pops, showing copper and gold and pink flashes.





I like this one, and think it's modern but not stark.

27 comments:

  1. my bottle didn't have that sticker! weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love a dark nail polish with shimmer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I like how the SHIMMER is brown instead of the other way around *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen ! Thanks for the comment ! I kept putting it off as well, but it was actually pretty worth it. Made me sad, and I cried 'cause it was the last film.. Just watch it whenever you feel 'ready' :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous! And congrats on completing your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very nice and unique...!!! I want to see the spongebob collection, NEVER seen it, yes I'm new to this world LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shimmer! I wish I had some RBL polishes! I really feel in love with some of the shades. Especially the Spongebob collection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color. I don't have any RBLs but this one intrigues me! It's a really unique combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one has been my favorite of the firebird collection (just out of swatches I've seen!). It's so complex :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karen!! That is an amazing shade! Love it! Your nails are total perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shimmer in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow! That is a glamorous black and copper sparkles polish. Looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats the one Im trying to convince my self to get.. great pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is very pretty, I love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your explanation. It's funny because that's what I do. There are a few nail polishes (Mad As A Hatter) that I am kicking myself for not getting. SO I understand completely!


    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, that bottle shot is amazing. Someone who figures out how to replicate that on the nail will get all my love. Well... a lot, anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous, but you must be careful and walk only on sunny side of the street ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sticker is new-its a heart and Ji's signature-the creator etc as I'm sure you know! RBL is my favorite brand and that 50% off sale i bought 11!! I hope they do that again this year! I have this color and have yet to try it! But i think it looks cool-plus as you requested-I will be doing a skittles ladybug post soon just for you! And Locavore should NOT have won-that bummed me out!! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty! Absolutely Not a waste of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shimmer in this color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, everyone!

    Fingers, why you always gotta be hatin' on the glitta? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too am obsessed with RBL - I believe they offer something totally different from the usual. I think this colour looks all kinds of awesome - but confess I did not buy anything from her latest collection.

    I love RBL shimmer - they give such depth to the colour.
    Thank you for this.
    BV

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen, I finally posted my swatches and I just have to say it's an amazing polish: thank you again for your kindness :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.