Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rococo Peace Out

I am exactly the type of customer being targeted by internet retailers who offer free shipping with orders over X amount—I will add stuff to my cart I hadn't planned on buying to get over that threshold. Never mind that most times the cost of the thing I'm adding is more than the shipping would have been; I keep right on doing it. The latest business to tempt me that way was SpaceNK, where I picked up a $16.50 Rococo nail lacquer, something that wasn't even on my radar when I clicked on their site. (It seemed something of a bargain in comparison to the $30 bottles of Nail Laque Terrbly, which I passed on in part due to the colors and in part due to the price and in part due to the way letters seem to be missing in the name of the product.)

The Rococo came in the sturdiest box I've yet to get polish in; I lifted off the top to find the bottle nestled in a perfectly fitting bed made from robust paperboard.





The shade I chose is called Peace Out, a bright warm green creme. It applied very nicely; these swatches are two coats without any top coat.





There was a paper insert folded up underneath the bottle with information about the ingredients and the rest of the line. The thing that caught my eye was the description of finishes they offer: one is called "luxe" (by which they seem to mean shimmer) and another is "molten lava" (by which I've no idea what they mean, some kind of metallic it sounds like but there's already another finish they call "metallic" so I'm confused.)

I quite like this one, though it is pricey for sure.

21 comments:

  1. What a cute box! :D I would really like to know, what they mean by "molten lava" :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a sucker for buying more to get the free shipping. Lately, though i've been trying to pay more attention. Example: I just bought 6 of the CND effects polishes and needed to spend $6 to get free shipping-well, shipping was $7! So I just paid the $7, because the site was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale and the $6 was messing up getting the $11 item for free-am I rambling? Did you really need to know all this?!?!?! See what you do to me KarenD?

    PS-love the polish color-its one I would have picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way with free shipping. It's redonkulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the box! I will have to look this place up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molten lava just SOUNDS like it'd be amazing. This green is lovely though; part of that cost definitely went to the packaging too, my goodness is that ever fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 Rococo polishes. This one & the rose gold shade...forget the name. A good dupe for Peace Out is "macarthur park" by American Apparel...pretty much exact. I love the formula on these polishes though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this brand! I really like the color you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color. It's in that family of slightly olive-y greens that I just can't get enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the packaging!

    Does this mean we'll see a gold leaf mani soon? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the color is so original! and cute box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the box. I also always try to get free shipping. First time I heard about this brand:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do that too - pile things I didn't need into the cart - just for free shipping. Which is partly why I'm so glad Nordstrom has free shipping now! I like this color - it's unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is some beautiful packaging! I think I would have to keep the polish in that box while in storage. Very pretty green... I wish these colors looked good on my warm skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that has to be the best polish box ever! I adore that color ever if it is pricey, I am a sucker for strange shades.
    I am the same way, if they offer free shipping for a set amount I will but that much just for the free shipping. I just tell myself since I ordered extra to get free shipping that I got something for free. Sometimes I think I am crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the same thing I hate paying for shipping, that packaging is so fancy, and the color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colour & finish. Not sure I'd pay that much though....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This shade would be horrible on me but I like it on you. It's funny how skintone changes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I give full credit for coming up with a box that provides the most protection I've ever seen. More credit to you for picking that amazing colour - quite unusual. I always buy more to get free shipping or buy more items to "cancel out" the shipping costs. Does this even make sense??? LOLz.
    I am interested in this brand but suspect I will not be able to get it for a while... sad.
    BV

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.