Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wheels F2, G2, and H2: Way More Green Cremes Than One Person Needs

Today for Nail Wheel Wednesday, I've got greens of all sorts of persuasions: mint and jade and neon and olive and emerald and forest and I don't know what all. For a person who used to think green nail polish was ugly, I sure have come around.

Nail wheel

1. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet (2 coats)
2. Revlon Top Speed Jaded (3)
3. GOSH Miss Minty (3)
4. Joe Fresh Mint (3)
5. Isa Dora Wonder Nail Vintage Mint (3)
6. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Garden Hose (3)
7. Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver (3)
8. Claire's Secret Garden (3)
9. OPI Damone Roberts 1968 (3)
10. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Jade Jump (3)
11. NYC Expert Last Hint of Mint (2)
12. Models Own Jade Stone (2)
13. Studio M Spring is in the Air (3)
14. Orly Ancient Jade (2)
15. Sephora by OPI Read My Palm (3)
16. MUA 5 (3)
17. Ulta Mint Condition (2)
18. Ulta Professional Island Hopper (2)
19. Misa Dirty Sexy Money (2)
20. Catrice I Sea You (2)


Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

1. L'Oreal French Tip Mint (3 coats)
2. Piggy Polish Daylilly's & Music (3)
3. Piggy Polish Poet-Tree (3)
4. OPI Gargantuan Green Grape (3)
5. Finger Paints Chrysante-mum's the Word (2)
6. Studio M Jade (3)
7. Essence Colour & Go Check Me Out (2)
8. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Spring Green (2)
9. Orly Mint Mojito (3)
10. Studio M Neon Greenlight (4)
11. Sinful Colors Irish Green (4)
12. Collection 2000 Hot Looks Ninja (2)
13. Piggy Polish Grasshopper (2)
14. China Glaze Starboard (2)
15. Catrice Green Card (2)
16. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Trendy Creme (5)
17. Rescue Beauty Lounge No More War (2)
18. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Edgy Creme (5)
19. Chanel Khaki Vert (2)
20. Models Own Grace Green (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

1. Ulta The Jungle Look (2 coats)
2. P2 Trouble (2)
3. OI Don't Mess With OPI (2)
4. Sinful Colors Envy (3)
5. Revlon Top Speed Emerald (2)
6. Joe Fresh Jade (3)
7. Nina Ultra Pro Salsa (3)
8. Essence Show Your Feet In the Jungle (2)
9. Joe Fresh Mallard (3)
10. Catrice Run Forest Run (2)
11. Essie Going Incognito (3)
12. New York Summer Amaranth (4)
13. Claire's Kelly Green (2)
14. Studio M Lost in the Forrest (3) [seriously, that's how they spelled it]
15. American Apparel Hunter (2)
16. BB Couture for Men Clyde (3)
17. Maybelline Express Finish Grand in Green (3) [slight shimmer in this one]
18. Milani One of a Kind (3)
19. OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow (3)
20. NYC Flat Iron Green (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


I've recently come up with this grand vision for my stash, where I'll finish swatching everything on nail wheels by the first weekend in November, then I'll reorganize my Helmers by brand so I can find things more easily (they're mostly by color now, for the swatching project), then I'll spend the winter weeding out dupes and near dupes and in spring finally have that blog sale I've been pondering for months. This would be so much easier to accomplish if I'd just manage to stop buying new things, but I don't see that happening.

32 comments:

  1. OMG this is a lot of greens heheheh I love them all!!! Can't wait for the blog sale... coming from another addict that keeps saying I won't buy more polishes!!! I can't STOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have incredible patience to swatch all of those polishes. The amount of polishes you own is staggering: I find swatching my collection of 432 polishes as daunting. Wow.

    When you purchase more polishes how do you add to your nail wheels? Do you wait until you have enough of one type of colour to swatch them so you can do it based on gradient or swatch it immediately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I don't see Orly Enchanted Forest in there, anywhere. *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as too much green! This was a post for my sore eyes, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of those are definitelly dupes!! So much green!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, how many of them, and how beautiful these shades are, i love them all *.*
    p.s. if it's too much for you, don't worry, i'll do you a favor and give them good home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that IS a lot haha I don't think I even have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green and mint shades are my absolute favorite, appreciate the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mints are my favorites! and the deep emeralds :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOOOW!!!

    Amazing and awesome collection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I come over when I need to do a St. Paddy's mani? Wow...thats a lot of green.....very funny for a gal who wasn't into greens....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice collection of greens!
    I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is heaven, I would steal all of those from you :P I'm a sucker for greens even though I don't wear them often, but there are not so many shades available here and all those look divine, especially the first wheel. I want OPI DR68 but I notice you don't have Hey Get in Lime, do you? I am really interested to see how those two compare

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, and I think the pic of the second wheel is the first one, repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will, most certainly, have the luck of the Irish on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for understanding my mania, everyone!

    A Polished Touch, I generally put new polishes in a "to be swatched" drawer and wait until I have at least half a wheel to start swatching them. Depending on how many I've accumulated between swatching sessions, sometimes I can do a nice gradient and sometimes they're more random.

    hermetic, thanks for catching that photo boo boo--it's fixed now! My spreadsheet says I have Hey Get in Lime, but it doesn't tell me if it's on a wheel yet--I'll make myself a note to do a comp of those two.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have #1! Haha. I usually don't have any of the nail polishes. I really like green and yes you have come around to liking it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. This makes me want more greens! They're all so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats a lot of greens ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the mint green wheel! Who knew there were so many out there, I remember only a few years ago there were hardly any mint green polishes out there...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh, you have so many greens! I used to hate green but the last few years I love it, especially green polish. Damone Roberts 1968 is gorgeous! It is hard to stop isn't it? I always find a way to justify another color. I usually tell myself it is just shade darker and I therefore need it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post was so satisfying. Ahh. I love greens, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found the first wheel very calming to look at.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are serious about your greens! I'm really digging the darker ones!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow you sure got a lotta greens!0 I think my favorites are the paler ones, specially number 1 and 12:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow I love your polish collection so much! And this green collection is incredible!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now Come On KarenD! You can NEVER have too many green cremes!! Just picture my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favourite is H2...BTW I used to avoid green polish, considering it a "young&weird" color (infact I owned one in my 20's), but since I started blogging my love for uncommon colors as green and greys really grew very much. I have more greens than pinks, actually!
    Great proyect, I'll be waiting for your big sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.