Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wheels Y2, Z2, and A3: Purple Cremes

Welcome once again to Nail Wheel Wednesday, also known as "Hi, I'm a Crazy Person". Today I've got purple cremes: lilacs and plums and vampies and such. I think a mauve or two might have snuck in as well. This isn't even all my purple cremes: you may remember wheels C2 and D2, and before them A2 and B2, and before them wheel F (which I really need to re-photograph now that I've gotten better at using my camera), and even farther back, the first episode of this series, wheel A. Purple is my favorite color, but even I can see this is excessive. If I win the lottery (I suppose I need to start playing as a first step), I will have to hire a dupe-documenting assistant to help me weed out my stash.

Nail wheel

1. Revlon Lilac Pastelle (3 coats)
2. Orly Lollipop (3)
3. Orly Petit Four (3)
4. Nails Inc. Heather Grey (3) [could be 2 coats if you're careful]
5. Catrice Pink Spring (3) [also could be 2 coats with care]
6. Wet 'n' Wild Craze Aruba (3)
7. Orly Pure Petunia (2)
8. Ulta Plum Perfect (2)
9. Models Own Purple Poppy (2)
10. Wet 'n' Wild wild Shine Berry Jubilee (3)
11. Zoya Kiko (2)
12. Zoya Demi (2)
13. L'Oreal Purple Pop (2)
14. Essence Colour & Go Break Through (3)
15. studio M Plum Perfection (3)
16. OPI Pamplona Purple (2)
17. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Plum Burst (2)
18. Barry M Bright Purple (2)
19. Joe Fresh Orchid (2)
20. Borghese Vini Violet (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

1. Essence Colour & Go Dress for a Moment (2 coats)
2. OPI Steady as She Rose (3)
3. SpaRitual Native Rock (3) [almost a 2-coater]
4. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Delphinium (3)
5. Ulta High Rise Haze (2)
6. American Apparel Dynasty (3)
7. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Summer Plum (2)
8. Essie Velvet Voyeur (3) [Here is where the craziness really kicks in—8 through 20 are pretty much indistinguishable without blazingly bright light and good eyes. Perhaps I should give out vampy purple polish to trick or treaters this Halloween to get rid of some of these.]
9. Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Night Owl (3)
10. OPI William Tell Me About OPI (2)
11. L'Oreal Imperial Plum (3)
12. Maybelline Express Finish Amethyst Glimmer (3) [with a name like Glimmer it should shimmer, but this does not, not even a tiny bit, not even in the bottle]
13. Sally Hansen Salon The Deepest of Violets (2)
14. Essie Luxedo (2)
15. Studio M Wicked Hot (2)
16. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark (2)
17. Orly Naughty or Nice (2)
18. Orly Naughty (2)
19. Finger Paints Shades of Dark (2)
20. China Glaze Naughty and Nice (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

1. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Laughing Lilac (3 coats)
2. OPI Sparrow Me the Drama (2)
3. Revlon Top Speed Luxe Laque (2)
4. OPI All That Razz-berry (3)
5. Finger Paints Pretty as a Portrait (3)
6. Confetti Purple Reigns (3)
7. Milani Rad Purple (3)
8. Zoya Lael (2)
9. SpaRitual Spirit (2)
10. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Sonic Plum (2)
11. Catrice Plum Play With Me (2)
12. Finger Paints Shades of Fall (3)
13. Rescue Beauty Lounge Bruised Drifter (2)
14. Milani Good Girl Grape (3)
15. Ulta unlabelled mini (2)
16. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Trouble Maker (2)
17. Orly Plum Noir (2)
18. Borghese Incantato Purple (3)
19. OPI Planks a Lot (3)
20. Avon NailWear Pro Midnight Plum (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


In addition to the dupe-documenting assistant; I need to hire someone to follow me around the store saying "no, you have one just like that already".

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just love shades like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an extraordinary amount of gorgeous purples.

    I love the dupe-documenting assistant idea lol I can just see you reaching for a bottle and your assistant jumping out from behind the display screaming DUPE ALERT DUPE ALERT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please if you win (start playing) can I be your "no, you already have it" assistant? But knowing me (and my love for polish) I'm afraid I won't be a good choice (I can figure myself saying just "oh it's so pretty, you must buy it!") :-)
    BTW I love purple and these are the "Hi I have so many amazing polishes" Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it odd that the thing that facinated me the most about this post (besides you having so many dark purple dupes!) is that you actually have a bottle that has some usage? (Milani Grape one!) With your stash, this must be a favourite to have a dent in it with so many other pretties to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing collection of purples!
    That is hilarious, I don't think a dupe assistant would be much good to me. I would argue there would be something slightly different thus the need to keep them all. I can see it now * No, that one is a shade lighter, that one a shade darker. I need all those bottles of the same color for back ups. What if they stop making that color or we go into nuclear fallout. I NEED them*
    I can imagine it wouldn't be pretty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wheels!!! They give me lemmings like whoa!!!
    Thanks for being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dark purple creams are amazing! And a dupe assistant would be very useful sometimes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty purples! Is there really such a thing as too many purple polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purples are the best! I love all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be still my heart! I have a real weakness for these colors. Even though my collection is very modest, I've already given away 3 polished I bought because I couldn't resist the pull of the color because they turned out to be dupes or near-dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collection puts mine to shame! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.