Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You Know You Want to See Some More Displays

There's been lots of new stuff showing up in my usual haunts over the last couple of weeks. I got a chuckle at Rite Aid when I saw the latest OPI copycat display from Sinful: Miss Sinful Colors. Left to right: Love Nails, Purple Diamond, Ruby Ruby, Fiji, Sugar Sugar, Boom Boom, I Miss You, and Queen of Beauty. I guess they picked the closest core colors they had to the OPI Miss Universe shades and then added four more in the same color families to fill out the display.



At Walgreens, I saw that Sinful has also hopped on the crack train with a display full of their own black crackle. They've priced this at $4.99, which seems rather high to me. Yes, it's cheaper than a lot of crack, but it's a dollar more than Pure Ice and two dollars more than 2012, both of which come in a lot more colors.



There was some other new crack at Walgreens, too, from a brand called Republic Nail, which I've never heard of. I managed to not buy any; yay me!



Rite Aid had a full six-color display of Essie Fall 2011, which confused me since I thought two of the colors (Very Structured and Glamour Purse) were supposed to be salon exclusives; I guess not. Before I took this photo, I had to rearrange the bottles so they'd match the color chips printed on the display. Why yes, I do have a touch of OCD.



At a CVS, I found a full Confetti "New HOT Trendy Shades" display, so now I can tell you that the missing color in the one I posted previously is Tahitian Turquoise, which is not new, so I guess they're saying it's hot and/or trendy. (I can also say that the Fruit Smoothie and Glass Slipper in the earlier pic didn't belong.) Shades left to right: Tahitian Turquoise, Blue Bombshell, Lonesome Dove, Margarita Senorita, Glam'n Up, I <3 U, and Tazmanian Devil (times 2).



Meijer was the first place I saw the NYC In the Spotlight display with three polishes in it: Underground Purple (bright plum shimmer with blue flash), Backstage Brown (coppery/bronze shimmer), and Scenestealer Grey (charcoal shimmer). I've since seen this at Rite Aid, too.



L'Oreal has multiple displays for the Colors Take Flight collection, which seems to have something to do with Project Runway, but I don't watch that so am not sure what's going on. What I do know is there are four color groupings (Cockatoo, Owl, Raven, and Amazon) with two polishes each, and I've seen these at both Meijer and Walgreens so far. Polishes are Cockatoo's Wisdom (brown creme), Cockatoo's Mystery (taupe creme), Owl's Night (deep olive shimmer), Owl's Lust (rich red creme), Raven's Dream (ballerina pink creme), Raven's Strength (charcoal shimmer), Amazon's Flare (Barbie pink creme), and Amazon's Flash (yellow gold shimmer).









Remember those new Revlons that showed up in Target, slipped into the core display? I've now seen them at Meijer in a separate display called Expressionists, which also has makeup items in it. Evidently that creme, Smoky Canvas, does go with the three glitters (Starry Pink, Blue Mosaic, and Facets of Fuchsia).



I was surprised to see an L.A. Girl Cracked display at Meijer, since I've never seen that brand there before. Wonder if they're going to start carrying it. These crack colors don't seem to have names, just numbers, like GNL174, the rosy pink I decided I needed to buy so I could compare it to OPI's pink crack.



I was also surprised to see that Meijer had the Fall 2011 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure colors; I didn't expect those to be out until October. Fourteen colors here (starting in top row, left to right): Crinoline, Mousseline, Ballet Rouges, Madame X, Courtesan, Himalayan Blue, Green Tea, Terracotta, Shiny Penny, Rosy Posie, Anemone of Mine, Bewitched, Dorian Grey, and Oxide.



I am still annoyed at Ulta, but not enough to stay away entirely (I ended up using my rewards on perfume and Ulta polish colors I didn't already have). That's where I saw the Essence Holografics display. There are three polishes here (none of them holographic): Gagalectric, Prismatic White, and Blue Ray. (Why they did not send over Lil@c and Holoberry that they sold in Europe, I do not know.)





A lot more Halloween displays have started popping up, too, but I'll save those for another post (by which time I hope to have finally come across the Wet 'n' Wild On the Prowl one, which is taking its sweet, sweet time showing up here).

31 comments:

  1. I love these post!!!! Miss Sinful Colors.., gotta love it!!! These collections rarely show up at my walgreens, maybe its a good thing, most of the colors look like stuff they have already though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves display posts! Now I know what to look for! Thank you for these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok seriously? You rearrange the displays in the store? Do people look at you funny? I know I would! Do they ask if you work there? You really have a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always look forward to these posts to see what the displays look like when they hit my area.

    We just got the spring Sally Hansen collex a week or so ago and you already have the winter *geez*.
    At least we got it; some we don't see at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so weird about the la girl polish because one of my meijers had it, when my mom went to another one in another city (i wanted to get the turquoise/light blue for a friend) they said they don;t carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more fun than walking the displays with S. grumbling behind me :P And no fair! I have been looking through every drug store for Facets of Fuchsia, but NO DICE. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not really found any great new displays. I freaking hate Iowa. We get stuff SO LATE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you post these things or else I'd never know what was around. So thanks!

    Night Prowl isn't that great in my opinion. It looked great on the shelf but seems to be magenta colored glitter in black polish. It would be easy to dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed: I LOVE your display posts. They let me know when I need to start stalking my local Rite Aids. AND I also rearrange the displays. I can't help it. It's for the beneift of the public! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your display posts. :) And I chuckled at your confession of rearranging the Essies so the colours would fit - I do that too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Yes, it's cheaper than a lot of crack"

    Hahah, classic. I love the display posts, they always make me want to run out ot the drugstore. Thanks for all the hard work gathering pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you on sinful colors crackle polish. I love that there regular polishes are only 1.99 but 4.99 and only comes in black?! They're pushin it lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sinful polishes were $1.69 at my BBB, including Miss Sinful display.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh wow this post was super interesting. I loved seeing these, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really do need to make my way over to Ulta. i haven't seen any of these display except the SC crackles which aren't that exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love seeing display posts! Now I wish I could go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these display posts! I wonder if there'll be a separate Tracy Reese for SH display for fall?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know what, it's usually after your display posts that I finally spot stuff in my area, so I'll be able to look for the Project Runway polishes I wanted! I hope that I finally spy the new Confetti polish display, I've been stalking stores for too long with that.
    I was really disappointed that they didn't have two of the Holografics, but I did manage to nab the three they did have.
    Thank you for these posts, again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love your display posts ! The only bad thing is that they make me wanna live in the US to be able to get my hands on those pretty polishes. I would probably spend most of my time at Walgreens, CVS, Ulta and co... lol thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think $4.99 for the Sinful Colors shatter is ridiculous. I thought about picking one up before I saw the price. No thanks. And the L'Oreal displays are the most exciting to me! I've already picked up Owl's Night. I'm glad to see something a little different from them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sinful, you're so cute! At least make some new copycat colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay!!!! This posts make me happy!! I saw a new Sinful Nails display called Adventure Island very OPI Pirates of the Caribbean! Thanks for being awesome and sharing this with us!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, I feel like you keep me young, thank you. I don't get to enjoy hunting down new collections at stores anymore so I love that you do this. After I see these I ask my mom to pick the ones I like up and hold them for me. I can't wait to see the Halloween displays.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for you rearranging displays before taking pictures :-))
    Essence uses to call "holographic" its duochrome polishes :-0, once you are used to it you doesn't get annoyed (or excited) about a polish name anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these posts too! Every time I see stuff like this, it makes me want to visit the United States even more. Plus, this helps me to make a wish list of all the stores I need to visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the sinful colors display the most:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so sweet to take the time to do this! Rite Aid and Co should thank you for also tidying up their displays!! LOLz.

    I love the displays.. I can't get anything myself but that does not stop the love. I love how Sinful Colors copies OPI - do you think OPI looks at that and does a big DOH? HA. Some of those Confetti glitters look promising... um..

    Is it me or is Essie producing similar colours every season? I've fallen out of love with them... sad.
    Thank you for this!
    BV

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love these post! Lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love and appreciate that you do these posts. Sometimes it will be weeks before I can get to CVS or Rite Aid so when I see something I really like I know I need to go ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice the stores in my area don't have any of this stuff my ulta never even got the orly birds of a feather collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.