Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July with SinfulColors

I'm celebrating Independence Day with shades from the SinfulColors Star Struck display that came out earlier this summer: Rocket Out, White Haute, and Bangin' Blue.



I used White Haute as my base color; it was pretty well behaved, needing only two coats.



White Haute has a faint blue shimmer in the bottle, but I couldn't capture that on camera, even in direct light. It reads as a white creme.



I topped White Haute with two coats of Rocket Out on my index finger, two of Bangin' Blue plus one of Rocket Out on my middle finger, two of Bangin' Blue alone on my ring, and three of Bangin' Blue on my pinky.



Bangin' Blue is a blue jelly with iridescent glitter and flakies.



Rocket Out has red, white, and blue star glitter and small silver hex glitter in a thick base. It appeared that the red stars were bleeding into the base, as it had a distinct pink tone to it, visible over the white base. The red stars did still have some color, though several looked to have gold showing through where the red had faded. Due to the thick base, I found it easiest to get the stars on my nails by blobbing a bunch of polish on the brush and smearing it on a piece of cardstock, then picking up the stars with a dotting tool. The small silver glitter brushed on my nails no problem.





The bleeding glitter in Rocket Out was disappointing, though if I'd used it over a red or blue base instead of white, it wouldn't have been obvious on the nail (it does show in the bottle). I wish the shimmer in White Haute showed on the nail, but secretive shimmer is not unheard of in brands at all price points. Bangin' Blue is my favorite of the trio, what with the glitter and the layering possibilities.

Happy 4th of July to those of you celebrating! Stay safe!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice glitters. They don't sell sinful colors anymore here for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for celebrating 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This glitters blow my mind. Yes, it looks so great! I love doing my nails too. Did you create this design by yourself? I always use some sources (mostly http://nailartstyle.com/top-30-fun-nail-designs ). Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.