Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Essence Irreplaceable

The other day maisenzasmalto posted photos of Essence Colour & Go Irreplaceable, and I thought it looked like it was crying out to be layered over something like China Glaze Channelesque. When I had some time for swatching over the weekend, I couldn't immediately put my hands on Channelesque; I admit I didn't try very hard once I found Below Deck, which is pretty much the same thing (see squared nails' comparison here). Irreplaceable was actually in the first place I looked, the taupe/tan/neutral shimmers section of my unswatched Helmer drawers.

I put two coats of Below Deck on all but my ring finger, which got three coats of Irreplaceable. I then topped the Below Deck digits with one coat of the Essence.





The shimmer in Irreplaceable is quite dense; close up it looks like mini flakies and there are a lot of them swimming around in the tan base.



As a layering polish, Irreplaceable is quite assertive; the tan base blended pretty well with Below Deck but it didn't fade into the background like the base of a lot of layering polishes will.







If you're looking for a warm glitzy neutral, Irreplaceable can fill that slot. If you're looking for a versatile gold layering polish, keep searching.

27 comments:

  1. I have Irreplaceable but it just doesn't look all that good on me...thanks for the layering tip, I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great, I like the layering! :) Glad this is in my stash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want! So pretty, gorgeous shimmer/sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Irreplaceable! Looks great on you! I love to wear it on it's own too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to swap for Irreplaceable...I think its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! Unfortunately my Ulta doesn't seem to really care about the Essence display, so I don't know if I'll ever find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty I will have to go back to ulta for this one! I luv this brand and so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glitzy neutral is a good way to describe it - I bet it would look on warm tones neutrals too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea! Just looking at that polish in the bottle, I wouldn't even think to layer it over something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Keep searching" hahahha :)
    I don't have this one, but it looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove this polish!!
    Looks great also over brown, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also purchased this color thinking it looked like a good layering polish thanks for testing that theory Im with you its prettier on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have Channellesque or a similar color (I hate this kind of shade because it looks horrible on my superpale and rose undertoned skin) but I really like Irreplaceable and I think I'm going to buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how this looks! But I think I like it alone better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a nice color. Their colors are really pretty and great for their prices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I really am loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think we reached the same conclusion: too beige to be a good layering polish, I don't like the milky hue it adds to the base polishes :-/
    BTW Thank you for linking me :*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great on you. I wish I could get my hands on some essence nail polishes. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.