Thursday, September 29, 2011

2011 Halloween Displays

I've slipped a few Halloween ones into my recent display entries, but today I've got plenty more. Still no Wet 'n' Wild On the Prowl, though--do they not understand I need my glitters?!

You may remember the $4.99 Sinful crack from my last display entry. I've since seen another display with the crack in it; this one also had three shades of nail polish to wear under the crack. I didn't even pick them up to see what shades they were; I'm guessing they're core. This display is called Breaking Light; I'm assuming that's an attempt to tie into the upcoming Breaking Dawn movie in the Twilight saga in a way that won't get them sued.



Sinful has also put out a Get Haunted display with nail art paint and nail polish (the Walgreens where I saw this had added some seasonal decorations of their own). Again, I think these are all core colors. I think Sinful is going to have to call a collection "All New Never Before Released" in order to get me to do more than take a picture and move on.



Ulta had the China Glaze Haunting collection, which consists of Near Dark (very deep olive green creme), It's Alive (olive green glitter), Haunting (black with silver glitter), Crimson (very dark red creme), Black Mesh (black crack re-release), and Ghoulish Glow (glow in the dark). Just to the left of this display you might see a tiny bit of the Orly Halloween display, which I am not including because it looked like the very same one as last year, with no new colors.



Meijer is a wonderland of Halloween polish. Let's start with the Fright Night Claw Polish in the coffin-shaped bottles (I've also seen these CVS this year). The display has six slots, but I've seen seven different colors of polish so far in different Meijer stores. The display below has Sinister (black creme), Toxic (green shimmer), Phantom (grey shimmer), Bloodshed (red creme), Voodoo (red glitter), and a blue shimmer that had no name on any of the bottles I picked up, but I've also seen Poison (purple shimmer). I might have to brave a trip to Wal Mart to see what they have this year, as last year they had an orange creme and an orange/black bar glitter in these bottles.



Continuing along the shelves and bins at Meijer, they have sets of four glow in the dark polishes from the Expressions brand, which I've never heard of before:



They also have individual bottles of Nite Lites glow in the dark glitter polishes from Diamond Cosmetics, nicely sealed so people can't sample them. I found four colors of these; they look to be the same ones as last year, but some of these bottles have a prominent Diamond Cosmetics logo on them, which is new.



Still at Meijer, there are sets of six mini polishes labelled "Phantom Frights", with bright cremes in orange, purple, and pink, a glitter with cresent moons and circles floating in a dark base, a black creme, and an orange glitter.



But the big draw at Meijer is the pumkin polishes. Last year, my store had them nicely lined up on shelves; this year, they've put them in mosh pits like they did with the snowmen last Christmas.



I spent some time one morning digging through the bins to see what all different pumpkins I could find and lining them up on shelves to get their pictures taken. (Fortunately no one cares if I roll into work a little later than usual, as long as I don't miss a meeting or conference call, and the Meijer employees are too busy to bother paying attention to me.)

Here are the cremes:



Here are the black light colors (I think those two pinks on the end are supposed to be the same, but one looks darker to me so I let them both pose for this shot):



Here are the pastel glow in the dark ones:



And the vibrant glow in dark ones (again with the two veryclose pinks):



The fine-grained glitters:



The hex glitters:



And finally the big, bar, and other glitters (the blue one second in from the left seems to have flakies, too):



Rite Aid has pumpkins, too, in displays with other Halloween cosmetics. Sometimes they put these in the makeup section of the store; sometimes they put them in the seasonal aisle.





Early this month, I shared the Fantasy Makers R.I.P. display at Ulta which had the dud black creme versions of Black Magic; I did find the same display at Meijer with the glitter version. I also found a smaller R.I.P. display at CVS with cosmetics and polishes; the polish shades in this one are Night Glow (glow in the dark), Vamp Red (very dark red creme), Black Pearl (not, as you might expect, a shimmer, but instead a black creme), and Purple Potion (black with purple glitter).



Finally, and this might not be strictly a Halloween display, but I've found it in the Halloween sections at both Meijer and Rite Aid so I'm including it: Rimmel London's Wicked Beauty, which has two polishes in it, Black Satin and Rags to Riches. (I think both of these are core colors.)



I am really, really hoping that posting this will cause On the Prowl to come out of hiding. How can I learn to love black glitter if I can't find it to buy?

35 comments:

  1. oh man...I am so jealous of the pumpkin polishes you get. We get only crappy ones at Rite Aid :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your display posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish there was a Meijers in southern Cali. I want those pumpkin nail polishes but have yet to find them here =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to say that's freakin dedication to go through all those displays and neaten them up for pics and finding all those pumpkin polishes to show! The store clerks are probably saying "there's that crazy polish lady again" Maybe they mess with you and mess up the displays knowing you are coming! Just to see if you straighten them out! Have you ever thought of that??

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, dies, I miss going to the store and digging through the Halloween polish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you do these posts! I picked up the black and orange bar glitter pumpkin polish and can't wait to bust it out during the month of october :) I wish I had seen the blue glitter, would have snatched that up too, but I got mine at Rite Aid so they may not have had that specific one.

    I almost picked up the silver and black glitter one, but I think I just wanted it for the black glitter. I am dying for a good black glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are really great collection for Halloween!
    I love these pumpkins !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the pumpkin pics, would be very helpful if I decide to send the bf out hunting them :) It's surprising that On the Prowl is still not out over there though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your display posts always make me ridiculously jealous. You have a ton of stores that I don't have, sigh! I really want some pumpkin polishes. :( But I still need to go out in search of the ChG collex! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we got the pumpkin polishes here! Love your display posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!

    I'm new here :-)

    What a nice post! I like your pictures :-) And I love those pumpkin bottles! Which I could get them here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'll die :-(
    nothing like this here in croatia :-p
    i especially love the pumpkin bottles, the r.i.p. and the claw polishes *.*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SOOO making a trip to Meijer this weekend to look at their pumpkin polishes. I need a few of these. I'm glad Meijer is just down the road from me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little pumpkin polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't find On the Prowl either! Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the blue glitter it has a purple base, I put it over borgehese pallagio plum( forgive the spelling, it was awesome, I went to get a backup they were all gone..but the search will continue

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea there were so many pumpkin colors!!

    That is a lot of displays too. Did it make you giddy to see all of those? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man!!!! So many Halloween nail polishes!!! If I'd live where you live my wallet would be always very light! :P But where I live my wallet is already light and I don't have all those beauties... I'm just poor here! XD I love all those nail polishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pumpkins are super adorable...and at this rate, I'm afraid I won't make it to US until the snowmen come out...I haven't seen any WnW in my area yet either...in fact, of all those you've shown, only one is here and only seen at one store...we never get the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want those darn pumpkin polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dang! My Rite Aids are the only ones that I've spied the pumpkins in, and they don't have any of the "good" glitters. None.
    And yep, not a single On The Prowl display anywhere here. I've been to every drugstore I can spy out in the Raleigh area. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the Orange pumpkin shaped glitter, and it's great. You can't tell looking at the bottle, but it has tiny bar glitter mixed in with the little hex glitters. I got it at Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wah! that fright night stand is well creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so jealous you get all these themed polishes for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay, I love display posts! I'm loving the Claw Polish display as well. I wonder if I'm savvy enough to wrangle one from a store. And I wonder if a RA manager is going to look at me weird if I ask them if they can order a no-name pumpkin polish with flakes. But it's the only one with flakes. How hard could that be...? :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fright Night Claw Polish is an extreme turn on for me... so cool.
    I love these posts! I was looking at the breaking light display thinking "what is with the whole pirate wench rubbish" but you are right - they don't want to get sued! LOLz.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another great post, I love these! The pumpkin polish are soooooo cute! I found on the prowl collection but the good glitters were gone ....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Are those pumpkin polishes any good? I saw some (not as many as you did!) and was just kind of confused, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Holy cow! There's a lot of different pumpkin polishes! I haven't seen any at my drug stores :-( thanks so much for taking the time I loved seeing all the displays especially since my stores suck and won't get more than half of these!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the displays. I also want some Halloween nail polishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have yet to find the mythical pumpkin polishes! haha I will have to check my Rite Aid to see if they have any. I love your display posts!! Do you mind if I start doing some as well??
    Thanks for being awesome!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, if you see the Sinful Destination America display, take a closer look. I did the same thing you did here, took a picture and walked away. But according to Nouveau Cheap, there are two new colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I know this post is super old, but I can't help but point out that the nail art on the Sinful Colors Halloween display looks awfully familiar: http://www.nailsbyasami.com/2009/10/halloween-mix-match.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jessica, wow, you're right--there is a striking resemblance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.