Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recent NOTD: Catrice Sir! Yes, Sir!

Last week, my nails were adorned in an exotic beauty I got in a swap with ritterbraten (I'm not sure if she uses her real name online, so I'll keep it to myself) of Das Experiment: Catrice Sir! Yes, Sir! This is an army green creme, one of those lovely muddy colors I've grown to really like. In some lights, it leans a bit toward brown, but the green never gets lost entirely.









I used two coats of the Catrice with my usual treatment, base, and top coat; it wore six days with only one chip (on my thumbnail, which someday maybe I will finally stop using to scrape off price tags). On that sixth day, I couldn't resist experimenting with it, so grabbed Zoya Yasmeen and OPI My Kind of Brown to do some patchwork. (Of course I referred to Chloe's excellent tutorial on the subject, since it'd been quite a while since I last tried this.)







My lines weren't quite as sharp as I would like, but they weren't too horrible. I just need to practice more, but I get so distracted by other ideas I don't focus on any one technique long enough to perfect it. Maybe when I'm retired I'll have time!

19 comments:

  1. I love your patchwork! Makes me think of a patchwork suede handbag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color! I think you did a pretty good job on the patchwork also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the patchwork mani! Very fall appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my !
    I love the color ! It's a sort of green-brown-grey ! The way you've done your nails ! Would not have expected it :D May try to do it myself at some point !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love the Sir! Yes Sir! color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful color, I can't get enough of these greens! I love your patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! The army green color is awesome, but your patchwork art is even more awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have that army green polish!!! Give it up! Love the patchwork-really miss chloe's posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I <3 Catrice. As for patchworks? Yours is much better than any I have tried!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now i'm sad :-(
    i had this polish in my arms and i didn't bought it because it looked so grey so i thought i can skip it, i have enough of greys... now i see it's a lovely army green... damn those drugstore lights :-p
    this color suits you well :-D
    nice mani btw :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this mani, perfect fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the green...and the patchwork is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always hesitate buying Sir Yes Sir when I see it but I think you've pretty much convinced me this time! Lovely patchwork too! I really like the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the base color and the patch work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome color & your patch work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this color and your patchwork mani looks great! It is very fall like and reminds me of a cozy sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really digging the tri-color manicure! Love it! The Catrice polish is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the manicure it turn out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice color, perfect fall/winter shade. In case I find it I'll buy it!
    I didn't knew about patchwork on nails :-) I think yours turned out good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.