Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Displays, Displays, Everywhere Displays

Okay, that title is an exaggeration; these displays are only from the part of the US between Idaho and Michigan, inclusive.

Last display post I was lamenting how picked over the China Glaze Lite Brites display was and hoping I could see a better stocked one when it showed up at Ulta. And voila, I did. Front row: Hot Flash, Lip Smackin'. Middle row: Lime After Lime, I'll Pink to That, None of Your Risky Business, I Got a Blue Attitude, What I Like About Blue. Back row: Let's Jam, Papa Don't Peach, We Got the Beet, Whip It Good, Bite Me.



Both Ulta and Sally Beauty had the China Glaze Coloured Nail Spray. The spray cans of color are displayed with Strong Adhesion Base Coat and Fast Forward Top Coat. The display below from Ulta has three colors: Purple Shimmer, Platinum Silver, and Bright Blue. I saw a similar display at Sally that lacked the purple but did have Magenta Shimmer.



I found myself in a Target (more on that later) and saw an endcap with a Defy & Inspire display, the Target exclusive brand. This had mostly colors from the core display but some shades I hadn't seen before that were marked down (I'll mark these with * when I list the colors). Poking around the Target website tells me these shades being cleared out are the Spring Trend 2016 colors (oddly they're still full price on the website). Top shelf: Corset*, The Hills (two slots), Parlor*, Tribal Council, Petticoat* (website shows a white creme), Next, Pocketwatch*, Pinky Swear, Top Model, Teacup*, Big Brother, Stagecoach*. Bottom shelf: True Story, Triple Crown, Mint Julep, Winner's Circle, Paradise Island, Simple Life, Pack Your Bags, Rich Kids, Make it Work, Derby Day, Thoroughbred, Run for the Roses, Over the Top (topcoat).



Fred Meyer had some Essence displays that had what appeared to be core shades of The Gel line, grouped into different themes, with Exit to Explore as the title on all of them. First up, The Desert. Polish colors here are Engaged, Sweet as Candy, Indian Summer, Serendipity.



The City has Fame Fatal, Ever Young, True Love, and Amazed by You.



The Mountains has Our Sweetest Day, Whisper of Spring, I Heart My Blue Jeans, and Dare It Nude.



I didn't see a theme name on the last display. This one has Wild White Ways, Turn the Lights On, Play with my Mint, and Let's Get Lost.



There are lots of Essie collections in stores right now. Last time, I hadn't seen a fully stocked bridal display, but a visit to a different Ulta fixed that. Left to right: Between the Seats, Steal His Name, Coming Together, Passport to Happiness, Groom Service, Mrs. Always Right.



I've only see the Essie 1000th shade collection, Aim to Misbehave, at Ulta. Left to right: Aim to Misbehave, Sexy Plunge, Seen on the Scene, DJ on Board, Catch of the Day, All Hands on Deck.



I've seen a single color display with just the 1000th shade itself, Aim to Misbehave, at places like Meijer and Walgreens.



Fred Meyer was the first place I saw the full Essie Summer 2016 display, Viva Antigua. Left to right: Coconut Cove, Loot the Booty, Viva Antigua, Berried Treasures, Hiking Heels, Tribal Text-styles.



The four-color Summer 2016 has shown up at Walgreens and other places. This lacks Hiking Heels and Tribal Text-styles.



This Essie Suite Retreat display has "Only at Walgreens" on it, which is true but fails to add "at this point in time"; this is the Resort 2015 collection recycled. Great if you wanted these and missed them last year, I suppose. Left to right: Suite Retreat, Time for Me Time, Stones 'n' Roses, Cocoa Karma.



The other Essie that's only at Walgreens is the Red Nose Day display, with core shades trotted out in support of this charitable cause. Left to right: Jelly Apple, Color Binge (two slots), Jump in My Jumpsuit.



On one of my rare trips to Walmart, I saw the Coconut strips from Incoco. These are similar to the small sets that some Walgreens have had for holidays, though the Coconut name is new. They were priced at $4.97, and there were eight designs at the store I visited. Top row: High Style (black lace on tan), Red Hot (plain red), Double Dare (black lines on white), Fashion Statement (black/gold/pearl dots and geometric). Bottom row: Happy Go Lucky (plain pinkish red), Perfect Match (bright floral with pastel stripes/dots), Shine Bright (pink glitter), and Desert Rose (red/turquoise tribal).



Fred Meyer had a summery Look display with six polishes and a nail art kit. Left to right: White, Lime, Lemon, Turquoise, Persimmon, Black. The nail art kit had top coat, three brushes (striping, detail, and cleanup), two dotting tools, and a nail wheel to practice on.



The nail art showcased on the Look display is bright and fun.



I saw the L'Oreal Infallible Pastels display at Fred Meyer, the first new colors I recall in the Infallible Pro-last line since it was introduced in summer 2015. Left to right: Sugar Cookie, Lemon Square, Pastry Pink, Violet Rush, Blue Icing, Green Tea. I like the idea of the tinted "amplifying" topcoats but do not like the double-ended packaging so haven't tried any from this line. I later saw this same display at a CVS, but only one of that chain's stores I visited when I was in Michigan.



Maybe polish in a spray can is the next trend, as Sally Beauty also had the Nails Inc. Paint Can display in addition to the China Glaze cans from the top of this post. This had a 2 in 1 base and top coat and three shades of polish: Hoxton Market (darker pink), Mayfair Lane (lighter pink), and Shoreditch Lane (silver).



As of my previous display post, I'd only seen the plain display for OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass. Sally Beauty and Ulta both had the more decorative version last time I stopped by.



Ulta also had the separate special edition shade for Through the Looking Glass, What Time Isn't It.



Some Walgreens got the Orly Color Blast Wonder Woman collection. This has four duo packs and three individual polishes. Single bottles, left to right: Wonder Woman, Hop in My Invisible Jet, In the Name of Justice. Packs: Amazon Warrior (Lady Truth, Beauty Brains and Brawn), Alter Ego (Diana Prince Pink, Amazon Goddess), Grace and Power (Save the Day, Bracelets and Tiaras), Indestructible (Super Strength, Don't Lasso Me Around).



The only new colors I've seen from Sally Hansen lately are some limited edition Miracle Gel shades packaged with the top coat. This display I saw at Fred Meyer had the six LE colors on the left and three core ones on the right. LE shades are: Tawny Travels (orange red), Carry On Blue (light blue), Flushed Wanderer (pink), Take the Plunge (blue), Headed Nude-where (light tan), and In My Suitcase (light grey). Core colors: Red Eye, Pink Cadillacquer, Birthday Suit. At one of the drugstore chains (pretty sure it was Rite Aid), I saw a smaller display with just the LE colors.



At the time of my last display post, the Kylie Jenner SinfulColors were just starting to show up in stores; now, there are so many more displays of them around with even more colors. I saw the Denim & Bling display at Walgreens. Front row: After Dark, Kustom Fit, Kameleon, Kobalt, Kargo. Back row: Angelik, Hello Halo (these first two in this row, according to the cap overwrap, are not Denim & Bling collection but rather are from Trend Matters), Konfection, Kosmic, Krop Top.



A different Walgreens had a larger Denim & Bling display. Top row: Kargo, Kobalt, Kustom Fit, Kosmic, Kameleon, North Star, V.I.Peach (these last two have Trend Matters overwrap). Bottom row: After Dark, Karats of Kargo, Krop Top, Kleopatra, Konfection, Angelik, Hello Halo (again, last two have Trend Matters overwrap).



Yet another Walgreens had a big corner Denim & Bling display. Left side, top row: Kloud 9, North Star, Kobalt, Kool as a Kukumber. Left side, middle row: Karats of Kargo, Kustom Fit, Konfection. Left side, bottom row: Krop Top, After Dark. Middle, top row: Butter Kup. Middle, bottom row: V.I.Peach. Right side, top row: Magik Touch, Kosmic, Kurves, Acid Wash. Right side, middle row: Kameleon, Kargo, Kleopatra. Right side, bottom row: Hello Halo, Angelik.



Still later, I saw a sidekick display for Denim & Bling at another Walgreens. No new shades here, just a different arrangement.



I haven't seen sidekick or corner displays for the Trend Matters part of the Kylie SinfulColors, but a Walgreens did have a larger shelf top display. Top row: Kurtsey, Karma, Kashmere, Kommotion, Silhouette, Kool as a Kukumber, Butter Kup. Bottom row: Krushed Velvet, Kozy, Kurtain Kall, Mauve On, I Klove U, King Size, and V.I.Peach. This has four additional shades compared to the ten-color version I shared last display post (Butter Kup, Kozy, Kurtain Kall, I Klove U).



I'd heard there were Target exclusives in the Kylie SinfulColors megapalooza, so I ventured out to see if I could find them. I did, in a sidekick display, where they were mixed with shades I'd already seen at Walgreens and Kmart and such. Top row: Konstellation, V.I.Peach, Kold Kash. Second row: Purple Kraze, Butter Kup. Third row: Miss Klaws, Kosmos, Kitty Pink. Fourth row: Taupe is Chic, Koral Riff, Korset. Fifth row: Holly-wood, Magik Touch. Bottom row: Kool as a Kukumber, Fuschia U, Haute Koffee.



What I hadn't heard was that Ulta would be getting the SinfulColors Kylie, too; I never remember seeing SinfulColors there before. The display I saw at my Ulta had what I thought up until that moment were Target exclusives, along with other shades. Top row: Taupe is Chic, Fuschia U, Kosmos, Holly-wood, Kitty Pink, Kold Kash, Magik Touch. Bottom row: Miss Klaws, Purple Kraze, Koral Riff, Haute Koffee, Konstellation, Korset, Kool as a Kukumber.



Just when I thought I might get a break from Kylie for a while, I saw a SinfulShine sidekick at Meijer with the King Kylie collection with a larger assortment of shades than the shelftop display I shared last display post. Top row: Karnival, Kryptonite, The Royal Me, Kreme de la Kreme, Miss Majesty, Kalypso. Fourth row: On Fyre, Slay Grey, Karamel, Knight Out. Fifth row: True Kolor, Kween, Miss Chief, Kalypso. Bottom row: top coat, Koko-nuts.



I sort of hate that I like some of these Kylie kolors, what with the Kardashian connection, the sheer number of new ones out all at once, the $2.99 price, and all those Knames. I haven't bought any yet, but I feel myself weakening.

SinfulColors is not content to just rely on all the Kylie kolors to overwhelm me; they have other new displays out, too, all of which I saw at Walgreens. #Pride has mostly new colors in it. Left to right: Resilent, Sugar Pumpkin, Bye Felicia, Envious, Pride (not new), Love Thyself, Gogo Boy, Call Me Violetta.



SinfulColors Get Star Struck is this year's red, white, and blue summer holiday collection. Left to right: Bangin' Blue (new), White Haute (new), Endless Blue, Rocket Out (new), Gogo Girl, Devil's Stare, Rocket Out, Clear Coat.



SinfulColors Vegas Glitz is this year's summer neon collection. Left to right: Clear Coat, Snow Me White, Bright to the Point, Vivid a Try, On the Strip (new), Neon Tonight (new), Let Me Flamingo (new), Light It Up (new).



Perhaps to soothe and calm my eyes after all the other displays, SinfulColors also has the Indulge Yourself display with no colors at all, just top coats, base coats, and treatments.



While I was in Target looking for the SinfulColors exclusives, I spotted two Sonia Kashuk nail colors tucked into her section of the aisle. Two shades here: On the Ropes and Roll with the Punches. I thought the bottles were fun, with the designs on the cap and the eyes on the bottle label, but the colors looked like plain cremes and heaven knows I've got plenty of those.



I feel like Wet 'n' Wild used to do more limited editions, which was great because they're so affordable. Now we seem to get four shades a season. Here are the summer ones, Megalast colors in the Lost in the Wild Flowers display (these are ones I used for bases in my post about the MILV decals): Leaf Me Be (green), Poppy Culture (orange), Cherry Blossom on Top (pink), Wild Wild Violet (purple).



Finally, Zoya's Petals collection showed up at Ulta. Front row: Aster, Azalea, Leia. Back row: Tulip, Laurel, Zahara.



And whew, that's it for this installment. I really, really am going to try to stay more on top of these going forward. Really. And as soon as I post this, I'm also going to go back to the last post and update it with the color names for the Just Add Sun polishes, because I'm a completist like that. Happy shopping!




3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd love to get my hands on some of those Orly Color Blasts! And the Sinful Colors too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of gorgeous color. I would love to have some of the Essie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail Spray? What is it, I wonder... I like the Essences, Sinful Colours and much more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.