Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wheel W8: Silver Holo Microglitter Toppers

In a switch from my usual practice of painting glitter wheels by brand, I decided I had enough silver holo microglitter toppers to do a wheel with just them. I wasn't quite right about that—a couple of these are straight up silver holo topcoats, a few look like they could be worn on their own, and some are more just plain glitter and not microglitter. But they are all silvery with pops of holo, so that works.

Looking at these photos now, I realize I should have considered putting a dark base on the wheel first so the topping effect of these polishes would show up better. Maybe I'll do W8 version 2 next time I sit down to do some wheels.



Full wheel in sunshine through the window:



(2 coats of each; topcoat on numbers 2 through 19, as they are not forumulated as topcoats in and of themselves)

1. Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat
2. Etos Effect Nails 01
3. Sephora by OPI unlabelled [I think this is Celibacy Club; it's definitely not Meet Me at the Disco]
4. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Dasher
5. Glitter Gal Disco Darling
6. Kleancolor Mr. Right
7. Maybelline Colorama Ice Princess
8. L'Oreal Bijou Crystals B. Shocking
9. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Showtime
10. Piggy Polish Sunshine on Snowflakes
11. ma.nish.ma Space Silver
12. Mary Kate and Ashley Duo Glitz
13. Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper Hello Holo
14. Cover Girl Boundless Color City Lights
15. Nox Twilight Disco Darling
16. Confetti Tinsel
17. Naturistics Super Shine Gleam
18. Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff Meteorite
19. China Glaze Fairy Dust
20. China Glaze Wireless Holographic Top Coat


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:






















4 comments:

  1. These make me think of snowflakes and ice. Very wintery. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Frazzle and Aniploish has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 50 Nail Polish Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/nail_polish_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 50 Nail Polish Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.