Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wheel M11: Chrome Finishes

Since my recent display post when I mentioned I'd yet to see a full display of the LA Girl Liquid Chrome colors, I went to some Rite Aid stores outside of my usual hunting grounds and did find the rest of the colors, so went ahead and picked up the ones I was missing, because for $3.99 a bottle, I can afford to get the full collection. I also got a couple of the Essie Treat Love & Color metallic shades, and only a couple, because at $10 a bottle, scooping all eight up at once was not in the budget. Rather than wait until I had time to swatch them all, I put them on a wheel, along with the Sally Hansen Color Foil shades that came out in 2014 (I did do swatches of those along with some comparisons back then).



(all are two coats)

1. Sally Hansen Color Foil Yellow Gold
2. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Gold Digger
3. Sally Hansen Color Foil Liquid Gold
4. Sally Hansen Color Foil Sterling Silver
5. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Brushed Nickle [seriously this is how they spelled it]
6. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Gunmetal Gray [not sure why this one dried matte; I believe I shook it up as much as the other shades]
7. Essie TLC Power Plunge [metallic rather than chrome but I needed to fill out the wheel and this was handy]
8. Sally Hansen Color Foil Minted Metal
9. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Electric Blue
10. Sally Hansen Color Foil Cobalt Chrome
11. Sally Hansen Color Foil Leaden Lilac
12. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Lacquered Lavender
13. Sally Hansen Color Foil Purple Alloy
14. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Radiant Rose
15. Sally Hansen Color Foil Titanium Flush
16. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Plated Pink
17. Sally Hansen Color Foil Pink Platinum
18. Essie TLC Laced Up Lilac [not the same metallic finish as the other Essie from same display]
19. Sally Hansen Color Foil Rose Copper
20. LA Girl Liquid Chrome Burnished Gold


Bottles 1 through 6:



7 through 10:



11 through 13:



14 through 17:



18 through 20:


















If only my nails were as smooth as the tips on a nail wheel, I might wear chrome polish more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.