Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wheel Q14: Pale Pink Shimmers

Today on Nail Wheel Wednesday I have pink shimmer polishes. Some are so light they might be considered white, and one in particular fooled me in the bottle into thinking it was lighter than it turned out to be on the nail ... that's what I get for not swatching on paper first, but I do want to finish this wheel project before I have to destash to move into assisted living someday so I go right to the wheel now. Some of these are very subtle shimmers indeed, but if I can see shimmer in the bottle, it goes on a shimmer wheel.
 

1. Essence Out of Space Stories Outta Space is the Place (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure A Wink of Pink (3)
3. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pink I Wanna Marry You (3)
4. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hidden Treasure (3) [oh, I remember how annoyed I was when this one came out and SH re-used the name of their much sought after flakie polish]
5. Nails Inc. Hamilton Mews (2)
6. Kiko Velvet Satin 690 Misty Pink (2)
7. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Stream of Consciousness (3)
8. Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love (3)
9. Kleancolor Love is in the Air (2)
10. Rimmel 60 Seconds Lose Your Lingerie (3)
11. Essence Cinderella Sing Sweet Nightingale (2)
12. Elf Light Pink (3)
13. SinfulColors Kitty Pink (2)
14. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Fancy Diamond (3)
15. Deborah Lippmann Chantilly Lace (3)
16. Essie Soft as Sand (2) [I am not happy that some of my Essie caps are discoloring on their top half like this one]
17. Essie Crush & Blush (3)
18. Essie Just Stiched (2)
19. Miyo Nailed It Princess (3)
20. Illamasqua Pink Raindrops (2) [this has not aged well at all; looking at swatches online that folks did closer to when this came out, it was at one point a much lighter pink with pretty shimmer but you can see here that my bottle has turned into a lumpy mauve mess]

Bottles 1 through 5:
 

6 through 10:
 

11 through 15:
 

16 through 20:
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. At least for me, your pictures are missing... Just in case you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MK, I did have an issue with my images for a bit, so it was definitely not just you. I appreciate you mentioning it in case I wasn't aware.

      Delete
  2. Gracias por la recomendación pero no se ven las imagenes. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J. P. Alexander, de nada. Las imágenes fueron arregladas.

      Delete
  3. These are such beautiful shimmers! It's nice to see the variation in shades from the almost white to the very dark pink there! :)

    Hope you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame about Pink Raindrops. It was such a gorgeous polish when it released. I remember how much I wanted that one, but it released right when our Sephora stopped carrying Illamasqua polish so it wasn't available near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi, it is a bummer for sure. I don't know if it's the polish formula or what. It has been exposed to some higher temps so maybe that's the problem.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.