Monday, April 3, 2023

Dashing Diva Gloss Gel Nail Strips Update

After I posted about my NOTD on Friday, I remembered I'd taken a photo of my nails in the sun that I'd forgotten to include. So I was going to just edit the post and add it, but got distracted (no surprise there). Then on Saturday, I had something unexpected happen to the strips so here I am with a two-photo update. First, the strips in the sun on a recent still wintery but not so cold I needed full gloves day. I liked the sparkle and glow a lot.
 
Dashing Diva Gloss Gel Nail Strips in Gleam Queen
Then Saturday I was a party at some friends' place. Helping to clean up, I used a disinfecting wipe from a container they had. Didn't think anything of it until I noticed the tips of my strips had turned dark. Guess the chemicals in the wipes weren't compatible with the chemicals in the strips. Good to know.
 
Dashing Diva Gloss Gel Nail Strips in Gleam Queen
Given how ratty they were looking, I removed the strips yesterday. As per the instructions, I used a bit of oil on my nails and then peeled them off. They all came off cleanly in one piece each and my nails didn't seem to have suffered any damage. I will probably use the Dashing Diva strips again, though I will probably try putting down a ridge filling base coat first. I can buy the strips at Fred Meyer, so that's convenient, though they just had a few designs the last time I was there. Maybe supply chain issues from the pandemic still.

1 comment:

  1. They look good and it looks like black tips rather than chemical damage! I love that first photo too :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.