Friday, June 24, 2011

Displays Update

No sooner did I complete my last display entry than a few new ones showed up. Rather than wait to compile another big entry, I thought I'd just share them now.

First, Revlon has Sweetly Seductive, which has eight glass flecked shimmer scented polishes, each with a coordinated "Flavor Gloss". The polishes are Grapefruit Fizz (pink), Watermelon Fizz (warm red), Mint Fizz (blue, like gum, I guess), Grape Fizz (purple), Orange Fizz (bet you can guess), Apple-tini Fizz (green), Colada Fizz (light blue), and Pineapple Fizz (yellow).



These were at Rite Aid, and they showed up while a BOGO50% on Revlon nail was going on, so I took four of them up the counter. I left with none of them, though, because they didn't ring up on sale, and I was not able to convince the person in charge that day into overriding. First she said the new ones weren't on sale, but she couldn't show me where in the ad that was noted, so then she said these weren't the same as what was pictured in the ad (Top Speed) so they weren't on sale (that wasn't stated in the ad, either, nor on the sale tags on the shelves). I've had this problem at Rite Aid before, in different stores at different times. Once I reported it through their website, and got e-mail from a real person in response, followed by a call from the store manager, and finally a call from corporate to make sure the manager had called me. I was told I was right, they were sorry, and they'd give me the sale price when I came back in. That was all very nice, but I wish they'd just fix their process so things ring up right the first time. I was not to be denied, though; I went to another Rite Aid nearby (there are four or five of them within about 5 miles of my house). The new scented ones didn't ring up on sale there, either, but that clerk and his manager were more reasonable. (It did take some time; the clerk and I had to walk back to cosmetics together so he could see the yellow sale tag, then the manager had to be summoned from the back of the store, but I got my new pretties.)

Wow, that was a rant. Sorry about that; I just get so annoyed when I have to argue to get advertised prices. Moving on now.

At Walgreens, I saw something from Sinful called Get Swirling. As with all Sinful displays, it's unclear to me if these are new colors, re-promotes with new names, or old colors. Left to right, colors are: Soul Mate, Happy Ending, Pink (I like the simplicity of that), Ciao Bella, Pull Over, Paradise, Dream On, and Irish Green (definitely an old color; it's been in the St. Patrick's display for at least the last couple of years).



The display has a tear off pad of instructions on "How to do Swirling", which were quite similar to the Milani paint, drop, and drag marbling ones from last display post. The odd part is neither the main display photo or the small inset one show what's being described on the instructions. Dear Sinful, you confuse me.

Right next to Get Swirling was the Sinful Show Your Colors display, which does not confuse me too much, as I saw pretty much the same one last year (maybe Walgreens keeps it in the back room). I could use instructions for the look shown here, but there were none. I guess I'd lay down a base of white (though there's no white polish in the display, only a striper), make stripes with red (probably using a striper, but maybe tape and regular polish), do the tip with blue (probably with regular polish), and add dots with a white striper.



My Sally Beauty store had the China Glaze Crackle Metals. I'm perilously close to crack overload at this point, but these sure are pretty in the bottle. Six colors here: Cracked Medallion, Haute Metal, Latticed Lilac, Oxidized Aqua, Platinum Pieces, Tarnished Gold.



Finally, I know I showed you the new Sally Hansen Hard as Nails display last time, but I happened upon another one that was not only completely full, but the polishes had been arranged in numerical order. This delighted the obsessive compulsive in me to no end!





Here are all the colors (starting front row on the left):
120 Bad to the Bone
130 Dura-pearl
140 Cold as Ice
150 Hard-ly There
160 Hard-core Party
180 Set in Stone (why no 170, Sally?)
220 Solid as a Rock (now we're skipping more numbers?)
230 Heart of Stone
240 Tough Chick
270 Solid Love (okay, I give up on the gaps)
300 Rock Candy
310 Rock 'n' Roll
320 Love Rocks
340 Firm Fig
360 Nail'd it!
370 No Hard Feelings
420 Mighty Mango
430 Die-Hard Fan
440 Tough Love
450 Ton of Bricks
470 Unbreakable Heart
530 Rockin' Hard
550 Brownstone
560 Tough Taupe
610 Hard Lemonade
620 Limestone
630 Tough Luck
670 Teal Steel
680 Frozen Solid
720 Sturdy Sapphire
760 On the Rocks
770 Rock Bottom
840 Ice Queen
850 Pumping Iron
860 Steely Gaze

When transcribing that list, I went to the Sally Hansen website to double check a couple of the names where my photo was blurry and found they still have the old lineup posted. It seems a bit odd that I have a more current list of Hard as Nails colors than the official website but I'm not especially surprised; I don't tend to look to company websites for the latest nail news.

13 comments:

  1. Thx for showing the Revlon Fizz display so I'll know what to watch out for if and when they make it to my area! Look forward to your pix of your new pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful displays! I never see stuff like this where I live =(
    Those new scented revlons look great! And loving the nail art for the sinful stuff =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fight for your right baby! Rite Aid always seems to be weird about sales ringing up. I suppose they hope folks won't notice?

    As much as I know I won't like those scented Revlon polishes - I still want them. It's a sickness. Thank you for the great display posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for taking the time too post these displays & great photos i appriciate that, sometimes ppl dont have the clearest pics of these(:


    <3333

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the Fizz display, and if Sally's has the metal cracks I'm going to miss out on those too. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I have yet to see the Revlon display, but I'm really looking for Sinful Colors Treasure Island. I live Downriver and all of the Rite Aid's I've been to don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO JEALOUS. I went to Sally's yesterday and they didn't have the crackle metals! Boooo! I *need* them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely displays! I went to London yesterday and went nail polish hunting. I managed to find some OPI and China Glaze, but no pretty displays, just on a half empty rack! So silly we never have nice displays in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was waiting until I finished going through all the old entries on here before commenting, but I can say now I love your blog. The display updates are especially awesome! I love all the drugstore brands you show too. So much colour and variety. I'm definitely following and looking forward to future posts :) thanks for following me too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeeep so many lovely displays! Apart from the Sally Hansen one, I want everything else!!! The scented Revlons got me interested! I regret not getting any from London :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty stands. Love the sinful colors one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these posts! i never get to see this kind of phenomena for real ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your killing me. I've been scouring the internet daily for the release of the ChG metallic crackles and cannot find them anywhere. I keep trying Sally's too. :( *me want*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.