Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wheel W11: Berry and Brick Shifty Shimmers

If you've been playing the "Lazy or Traveling" game wondering where I've been, the answer is traveling (but also a bit lazy, as I had my laptop with me and could have tried harder to write a post or two while I was away). This trip included the very enjoyable Indie Expo Canada, at which I made some polishes and bought way more polishes, so I'll be posting about that once I get unpacked. Today I've got Nail Wheel Wednesday with one I painted before I left. I wasn't sure what to call this; "reddish and brownish and orangish shimmers that look like they may be duochromes in the bottle" and "warm-hued shimmers some of which feature Unicorn Pee pigment" were both a bit long.




1. Max Factor Fantasy Fire (2 coats, half black base)
2. Clarins 230 (2, half black base) [I was fortunate to find this bottle at a not crazy price]
3. Orly Space Cadet (3, half black base)
4. Quo by Orly Total Eclipse of the Heart (3, half black base) [dupe for Space Cadet]
5. Models Own Pinky Brown Beetle Juice (3, half black base)
6. ILNP Masquerade (3, half black base) [this is so gorgeous over black]
7. CrowsToes Asterope (3)
8. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Cinnabar (3) [almost a two-coater]
9. Ozotic 520 (3) [almost a two-coater]
10. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Bronze Pink (3) [almost a two-coater; left the price tag on this for the photo as it made me smile to see how little we paid for these back in the day]
11. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Amber Ruby (3) [almost a two-coater]
12. CrowsToes Maia (3) [almost a two-coater]
13. Nubar Iris Dust (4) [should have put this over a black base]
14. Ozotic 730 (3)
15. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Bronze Ruby (3)
16. Claire's Poison Apple (3, half black base)
17. MAC Baid Fairy (3, half black base)
18. Accesorize Pink Spice (3, half black base)
19. Lilacquer Tengu (2, half black base)
20. BeYu 209 (2, half black base)


Bottles 1 and 2:



3 through 7:



8 through 11:



12 through 15:



16 through 20:



















And now pictures in direct light at different angles to bring out shift if it's there:

























2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Traveling was my guess. I have some of those Sally Hansen Nail Prisms too. That Orly Space Cadet was a lemming of mine for a long time. I finally found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Some great duos here. Kinda drooling ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.