Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Favorite Fakes

My apologies for the lack of posts last week. We finally got a good weather window for me and Mr. Karen to go visit his mom in western Washington, so we took advantage of that and were gone all last week. I did take my laptop, but ended up not even taking it out of its bag. Instead, I did some tasks around my mother-in-law's assisted living apartment and entertained her while Mr. K took care of some financial things for her that needed to get done. She was having a good week, so evenings were filled with family dinners over at my sister-in-law's house. It seemed appropriate to come back here with a post about the nails I wore on an earlier visit last year. I didn't include them in my Nails of 2021 post because I couldn't pick just one picture of them, I liked them so well. They're a set of imPress press-on nails. I put them on sitting in the passenger seat of the car on our drive out. The set (called Goal Digger) has mirror finish multichrome nails in green/blue/purple with fine silver glitter accent nails, which I didn't end up using any of since I liked the multichrome ones so much.
 

These were just entertaining to look at as I moved my hand around. From the side view below, you can see the purple coming out, as well as the little hint of gold at the edges.
 

When the sun hit them just right, they looked a lot like magnetic polish. Still not sure how I managed the green/blue alternating colors here.
 

Finally, a range of colors in the hotel room mirror.
 

I have no idea if these are still available for purchase, but I might have to look next time I'm at a Fred Meyer or Walgreens or Rite Aid. Looking at these photos makes me want to wear this look again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.