Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots Collection

Continuing the "Easter in July" Skittles theme I started last week with Sally Hansen x Peeps, today I have the Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots colors, which caem out around the same time. These aren't necessarily Easter, though the palette does resemble candy eggs. I'm pretty sure I have similar colors from any one of a number of "soft neon" or "pastel neon" or "sunwashed neon" collections that have come out over the years, but the Dippin' Dots tie-in got me. It's been ages since I had any of that delightful ice cream of the future, so having the nail polish to look at is good. Top: Banana Split, Orange Creme, Strawberry Swirl, Birthday Cake. Bottom: Berry Freeze, Cotton Candy, Cool Mint, Lime Ice.
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
I wanted to try these over white, so I first grabbed two of the colors to try that. Left to right: Banana Split (2 coats), Banana Split (1 over white), Lime Ice (2 coats), Lime Ice (1 over white). The white made a slight difference, brightening the color a touch. The formula on these was a bit tricky; definitely pigmented but also a bit runny and didn't self level as well as I'd like. Still, not too hard to work with.
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
Then I got to Skittling, without the white base. Top to bottom: Banana Split (2 coats), Orange Creme (2), Strawberry Creme (2), and Birthday Cake (1 thick).
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
Now the cooler shades (all 2 coats): Lime Ice, Cool Mint, Cotton Candy, and Berry Freeze.
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
 
Salon Perfect Dippin' Dots nail polish
I don't think any of these are must haves, but I can see wearing them for summer pedicures.

4 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.