Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Wheel H16: Indie Glitters from Polish Addict and Elevation

I finally finally had/made/took time to get back to painting wheels, so Nail Wheel Wednesday is back. Today it's indie glitters from Polish Addict and Elevation. My spreadsheet tells me I only have seven shades from Polish Addict ... I feel like I picked these up from blog sales maybe or perhaps swaps when I was into that? Six of them are on this wheel; the seventh is apparently a holo which I must have put in another place to be swatched with other holos someday. Doing some poking around the internet, I think my bottles are from around 2013-ish going by the label style. By 2016, there was a different label the brand was using. The brand seems to have disappeared, with both its Facebook group and its fan group being dead links now. As for Elevation, I bought a fair few of those well before it came to light that the owner had basically stolen someone else's photos to make it look like she was someone she was not, among other hinky stuff. Are the polishes still pretty? Yes. Do I look askance at them now because I thought I was buying from another woman who loves the mountains and it turned out she was not that person at all? Also yes.
 

(all have one coat of clear topcoat in addition to glitter coats noted below; some could have used a thicker topper or more coats of clear but my attention span did not allow that)

1. Polish Addict Southern Belle (2 coats)
2. Polish Addict Star Gazer (2)
3. Polish Addict Rainbow Concrete (2)
4. Polish Addict Iris (3)
5. Polish Addict 8 (2)
6. Polish Addict Dr. Franken (2 over a skintone base)
7. Elevation Polish Plumeria (2 over a skintone base) [either base has yellowed or some glitter bled]
8. Elevation Polish Haba Xueshan (2 over a skintone base)
9. Elevation Polish Froze to Death (2 over a skintone base on half, black base on the other half)
10. Elevation Polish Avalanche (2 over half a black base)
11. Elevation Polish Ginza (2 over a skintone base)
12. Elevation Polish M'Goun (2 over half a black base)
13. Elevation Polish Marmolada (3)
14. Elevation Polish Ubsunur at Night (2)
15. Elevation Polish The Wit (2)
16. Elevation Polish Pointless Forest 2 (2)
17. Elevation Polish Catch a Wave (2 over a skintone base)
18. Elevation Polish Fairy Ice (2)
19. Elevation Polish Rue Manin (2)
20. Elevation Polish Pata Puffer II (2) [label has fallen off so name is my best guess based on my spreadsheet]

Bottles 1 through 6:
 

 

7 through 12:
 

13 through 17:
 

18 through 20:
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.