Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Displays Update

I'm still waiting for Milani's summer display with the High Speed Fast Dry polishes to show up (and am now wondering if I missed it, since it was supposed to be out in July and we are quickly running out of July), but other companies have been putting out new things to distract and entertain me, so that's what I have to share today.

Target had an endcap display recently that had some new Nicole by OPI colors along with some not as new ones. Left to right, below: Play Fair, You're an Angel, Ink a Dink Pink, Stolen Kisses, Virtuous Violet, Light a Candle, It's Not Me It's Blue, Respect Yourself, Green Up Your Act, Sounds Grape to Me.



My Ulta did get full size bottles of Nice Stems, though as you can see the display was pretty well picked over by the time I got to it. The important thing is there was an I Lily Love You, and that came home with me.



Ulta also had the two latest OPI Glam Slam duos from Serena Williams, long after I'd given up on seeing them and bought mine online. One is Grape Set Match and Servin' Up Sparkle and the other is Your Royal Shine-ness and Servin' Up Sparkle.



Still at Ulta, there was display for a new brand called Pixel, which has a lot of colors in little bottles (5ml) that retail for $1.99.



Sally Hansen has been busy; I've seen new displays for three more of her lines in recent weeks. Let's start with Xtreme Wear, which has ten new colors: Time to Shine, Midnight Sky, Deep Blue Sea, Teeny Greeny Bikini, Very Cherry, Pumpkin Spice, Set the Stage, Teal-y Cool, Twinkle Twinkle, and Pink-y Ring. The first five are shimmers (maybe tending toward foil) and the last five are glitters.



There are eight limited edition Insta Dri shimmers in this next display: Emerald Express, Teal-y Fast, Grape Escape, Cocoa a-go-go, Quick Brick, Ruby Rush, Bronze Ablaze, and Presto Pewter.



There are also eight colors in the Nailgrowth Miracle display: Lush Lavender, Polished Pearl, Creamy Olive, Perfect Peach, Desert Clay, Radiant Red, Plum Parfait, Chocolate Creme. I think these are all cremes but I didn't examine then closely.



Walgreens seems to be the hot spot for the Sally Hansens, though I also saw some of the Xtreme Wear colors in an endcap at Target (mixed in with previous releases) and expect Rite Aid will have these before too long.

Finally, Meijer is the only place so far that I've seen the newest Revlon Chanel copycat: Carbonite, which is all by itself in a display called "Grit & Grandeur". I did buy Graphite in my last Chanel order, so I picked one of these Revlons up to do a comp soon.



In addition to the Milani I've been looking for, I've heard there's a new Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine display with some new colors and some re-promotes, but that hasn't turned up in any of my stores yet, either. Maybe by my next display entry I'll have seen them.

16 comments:

  1. As always, great post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of pixel . I'll have to look into that .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your display posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! You got a full bottle of ILLY! My Ulta has already gotten rid of the full-size Nice Stems display. :( I have a mini but I'm hoarding it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out the new Sally Hansen displays. Last time I was at Walgreens I ignored them since I didn't have the money to be spending on polish. =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. that for this post! it's always great to see whats out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to get the new sally hansen's at my store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally Hansen got to stop churning out shades so fast. I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice post.... I want to try the PIXEL polish, but I was not too sure about them and just picked up some Essence since they are cheaper :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I also tagged you for some awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to pick up some of the next Xtreme wear colors like the glitters I thought they were beautiful!(:
    The Pixel polishes are so small! when I was at Ulta I looked at them and I was like wow these are so tinny!! lol:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up Carbonite at Meijers last week but I didn't realize it was another Chanel dupe. Either way it's awesome. I just love your display posts too because it lets me know when is the best time to hop across the border :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just thought I'd let you know that Milani has free shipping from their website through Friday in case you want to go after those colors you missed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.