Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Julie G Stiletto and Pink Tiara

If you made it through my last big display post, you saw the Julie G polishes, which are new at Rite Aid. Today I've got two I picked up to try, one shimmer and one glitter. The first is Stiletto, a medium taupe with a fine silver shimmer. I used two coats, no topcoat, for these swatches. The shimmer is on the shy side, but it does show up in regular room light.





There was also a Stiletto in the Julie G collection for Jesse's Girl; the two looked close enough to each other in the bottles that I didn't bother doing comparison swatches. I'm glad this one made the transition to the new line; it was one of my favorites from that Jesse's Girl collection.





The glitter I chose, which I think might be the only glitter in the Julie G line, is called Pink Tiara. On all but my ring finger, I layered one coat of it over Stiletto; on my ring finger, I used two coats of Pink Tiara alone. These next couple of photos are without topcoat.





With topcoat, as shown in the two photos below, the blingyness was a little brighter.





These retail for $3.99 per .35 oz./10 ml bottle. Looks like you can also get them on the Jesses Girl Cosmetics website.



24 comments:

  1. Oh I like the first taupe color! Such a pretty brown. The pinky glitter I will leave for others!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter, but it looks familiar. Any dupe ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola B., I want to say there's a Wet 'n' Wild in the Wild Shine line that's similar to Pink Tiara, but I think that one might be a cooler-toned pink.

      Delete
  3. The shimmery taupe looks like Orly Nite Owl to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors. I liked the Julie G display at my Rite Aid... I love the little bottles, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stiletto is such a gorgeous neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the stiletto. I still don't have them in my Rite Aid. I have been waiting for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a Rite Aid near me! I like the taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stiletto looks really good on you - the glitter does too LOL, but Stiletto is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stiletto! I thinks it's a really flattering colour :) And Pink Tiara reminds me of a Wet n' Wild glitter I bought last summer...

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol....I just picked up a few of this yesterday on my cross border haul yesterday...but I passed on both of these! I did a few bottle comparisons when I was in store, and a few of the colours seem to be renamed of their Jesses Girl polishes...same ml's too, so I passed on a few that I knew I already had JG ones as they are cheaper by $1. Still managed to pick up quite a few though...they had a nice range of colours too!

    But judging how Pink Tiara looks on you, I may have to pick it up the next time I'm at Rite Aid....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are both gorgeous! :) i really love that pink glitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really liking Stiletto...the subtle shimmer is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really like the new bottle! hope i run into these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Pink Tiara alone and over Stiletto. It is really pretty both ways! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love Pink Tiara. I especially like it on it's own. So much bling! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so want to try Stiletto. JulieG is amazing and I'm so happy she has her own polish line :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both polishes looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Stilleto! I am definitely going to have to pick it up on my next trip to Rite Aid :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.