Thursday, May 31, 2012

Late May Displays

When possible, I like to share the displays before I swatch the polishes in them (if I'm going to swatch them, that is; I don't buy everything, though I know it might seem from my nail wheels that I do). Thus today I have my third display post this month, because I've got three or four posts planned with swatches of some the colors you're about to see.

Ones you won't be seeing me swatch anytime soon are the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails ones in the Summer Splash display I found at Walgreens, because these are core and I feel like I can get around to them whenever (or never, though I sometimes think it might be fun to pick a line and just swatch my way through the entire core collection). Left to right: Rock Candy, Tough Chick, Hard Lemonade, Rock 'n' Roll (bonus points for correct use of apostrophes there, Sally!), Firm Fig, and Teal Steel.



In my last display post, you saw the Sally Hansen Magnetic display at Meijer, which had six slots for eight colors. At Walgreens, I saw a different display for these. It was at the end of an aisle and had five shelves for the eight colors, along with some Mega Shine Top Coat hanging below one of the shelves. On the left side, Golden Conduct shared a shelf with Polar Purple and Kinetic Copper was paired with Red-y Response. On the right, Silver Elements got its own shelf, Ionic Indigo (I keep wanting to type "iconic") and Electric Emerald shared, and Graphite Gravity went solo. (Apparently this store thought that putting giant price tags with "GREAT BUY!" on them would distract a person from heading down the street to Meijer where the magnetics were $2 cheaper.)



Target had theirs both along the back wall of the cosmetics section and on an end cap, in both cases with ten slots for the eight colors—the two grey ones had two slots each.





At Rite Aid they had yet another display configuration; this one had one slot for each color. The OCD part of me heaved a sigh of relief at seeing this.



In other magnetic polish news, Ulta had the Orly Magnetic FX. There are three colors here: Opposites Attract (deep blue), Force Field (deep berry), and Paint on Electron (charcoal). I was quite surprised to learn that these are priced at $15 each. Sure, that's 50 cents less than the Layla magnetics for a bigger bottle, but Orly and $15 do not go together in my head.



In still more magnetic polish news, Rite Aid had a display of Magnetique by Blue Cross. These were $4.99 each and had no color names. I saw a red, a purple, a grey, a bronze, and a green; it wouldn't surprise me to find other colors at other stores if the snowmen and pumpkins that Blue Cross does are any indication.



There's been so little action at my CVS recently that I had to resort to taking a picture of the Nailene SensatioNail gel polish display, which I've been ignoring because I do not need to get into gel polish. (It's similar to the "no flannel" line I drew for myself when collecting quilting fabric.)



Rite Aid hasn't been slacking; in addition to the Sally Hansen and Blue Cross magnetics, they had a L'Oreal display I hadn't seen before called LA Entourage. On closer inspection, these colors aren't new; they're the ones that were in the Trendsetter section of the big display when the Colour Riche line launched at the end of last year/beginning of this year. Left to right: Tweet Me, Boozy Bunch, Check Me Out, Penthouse Pink, Club Prive, and VIP Status.



The Essie summer colors that Rite Aid had were new: Mojito Madness, Off the Shoulder, Fear or Desire, and Bikini So Teeny.



Target had all six of the Essie summer 2012 shades on an end cap. Left to right: Cascade Cool, Off the Shoulder, All Tied Up, Fear or Desire, Mojito Madness, and Bikni So Teeny.



Also at Target (and only at Target for a limited time, according to the sales associate who saw me studying them): Cos Bar colors. These don't have names on the bottles, but the tags on the shelf called them Purple, Lime Green, Copper, and Bronze.





Finally, I saw two Sinful displays at Walgreens that I hadn't come across before. First, there's Dare to Play, with eight colors intended for something they're calling a "rock star French" mani; judging by the photo this is a funky French with glitter tips. I don't think any of these colors are new, but Sinful has fooled me before. Left to right: Pink Forever, Frenzy, Hottie, Why Not, Rise and Shine, I Miss You, Nail Junkie, Boom Boom.



The other Sinful display was called Suit Up. I don't think any of these are new either. Left to right: Star Fish (two slots, repromote from Adventure Island), Open Seas (two slots, also from Adventure Island), Casablanca (two slots, repromote from Lone Star), Boom Boom, and Unicorn.



Now I just need to decide which swatches to share tomorrow and which will have to wait until next week. Choices, choices.

22 comments:

  1. I had no idea Sally Hansen had a line of magnetic polishes! I definitely need to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretties. I'm liking the orly's I haven't seen that magnetic design before. SC makes me mad keep giving us repromotes with new collection names. (Can't fool us SC) Lol! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your this kind of posts, it's always interesting to see what is sold in other part of the world :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Zebra-nails said. I love these posts, please keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just don't have this kind of seasonal display in England. I like to see them though.

    The only ones I could actually be bothered with are the glittery ones from Sinful and Boozy Punch in the promo pic by L'Oreal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual GREAT POST!Thanks, this is alot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know why but every time sinful release a "new collection" makes me mad because it like trying to fool us about new colors but noooo! same colors as before, I suggest them to stop unless they come out with new TRUE COLORS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these posts that you do Karen! It saves me so much time and planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really have to send you my dentist bills really soon, every time you do these posts my jaw drops so hard on the table LOL - but I DO love them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the display posts!! can't believe those ORLY mags are $15! i was thinking about the blue, but nty. maybe clearance someday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so disappointed when I found out the Orly magnetic was $15!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap, $15 for Orly??? No thanks!

    I just think you should know that I always open a bunch of windows when I'm going through my blog list reading and I always save this type of post for last to read because it's always my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous colors :-D
    it seems like everyone will be wearing magnetics this season ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it seems that magnetics are really popular :) Will you swatch Blue Cross ones soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aly, the Blue Cross magnetics are around third in line, behind the Sally Hansen and Orly (which I think more people will have access to) but I will try to get to them in the next few weeks. :)

      Delete
  15. I didn't know you quilt Karen! Yay! Another fabric hoarder! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, oh yes, I have quite a stash of quilting cottons--it pretty much fills the guest room closet, so if you ever come to visit, don't plan on hanging anything up. :)

      Delete
  16. Whoa. Another post that makes me drool. *drools*
    (**,)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many magnetic polishes! lol. I like the wavy pattern :) Sigh, I'm banning myself from getting more polishes right now. I love seeing these displays though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want that Star Fish and Boom Boom from Sinful! I'm a sucker for pink polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.