Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wheel C9: Glitters from OPI

Nail Wheel Wednesday in recent weeks has been an exercise in "finished is better than perfect". I'm still unpacking polish from the big move (thousands of bottles takes time, especially since they're in my studio down in town and during ski season it's hard to get motivated to leave the mountain), so what I have to choose from when I paint a wheel is just what's been unpacked and semi-sorted. I can't be sure that the 20 bottles I choose for any given wheel wouldn't better be matched with ones still to be pulled out of boxes. Yet I know if I wait until everything's out and sorted, I'll miss weeks and weeks of Wednesdays. So I push on, imperfectly. This is easier than it used to be for me; in decades past, I'd choose to do nothing if I feared I couldn't do something well. I'm glad I'm getting better at telling my inner perfectionist to chill. Obviously I still have plenty of room for improvement on that score, since I've just written this whole paragraph about my inner turmoil rather than just getting to the polish.

As for the polish, today I have all glitters from OPI.




(My notes don't say anything about topcoat, though I usually do add it to glitter wheels, so I don't know. Maybe I've let go of my perfectionism too much.)


1. OPI Piroutte My Whistle (2 coats over black base)
2. OPI Save Me (3)
3. OPI Crown Me Already (3)
4. OPI Shine for Me (3)
5. OPI Gone Gonzo (3)
6. OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air (3)
7. OPI Comet in the Sky (3) [the giant hexes in here bother me]
8. OPI Wonderous Star (3)
9. OPI Pop the Cork (3) [love that this has silver in with the gold]
10. OPI You Pink Too Much (3)
11. OPI Rainbow Connection (2)
12. OPI Where's My Blanket? (2)
13. OPI To Be or Not to Beagle (2)
14. OPI I'll Tinsel You In (2)
15. OPI So Elegant (2) [more problematic giant hexes here]
16. OPI Divine Swine (3)
17. OPI Blush Hour (3)
18. OPI Minnie Style (3)
19. OPI Excuse Moi (2) [I'd forgotten how pretty this one is]
20. OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It (3)


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:


















2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.