Monday, November 19, 2012

Recent NOTDs: Sally Hansen Strips Times Two

I like to post my nails of the day in the order I wore them whenever possible, even if I get behind, so today I've got the two looks I need to cover before I can finally review the gel strips I wore on vacation. These are Sally Hansen strips, too, just not the gel one.

First up, Salon Effects in Wishnets, a black on red fishnet design that I believe was released for Halloween 2011 but which I've seen some places (like Five Below) much more recently. I somehow managed to do a better job than usual applying these on my right (dominant) hand, so it gets to make a rare appearance here:



And back to the more familiar left hand; some of these gaps at the base are bigger than ideal but that happens sometimes, especially when I'm aiming to get two manis from a box:



On day 6, I didn't have much tipwear yet, but I did have the worst break I've had in a long while. The whole end of my nail ripped off, leaving this unpretty sight:



I didn't have time to deal with the break that night, so I buffed it down a bit, shortened the other nails a tad, and did black tips:



When I did have time to change my manicure, I put another Salon Effects Halloween design on, this time from the 2012 release: Patch-O-Lanterns, an orange and black design.







The best thing about this mani is it's what I was wearing when I got to meet up with The Holo Queen, Canadian Nail Fanatic, and nailXchange. We did some shopping and eating and a whole lot of chatting—it was great fun and I hope it's not too long before we can do it again! There was a mani cam, but I don't think nailXchange has had a chance to post the photo yet.

10 comments:

  1. I really love the Patch-O-Lanterns design! It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, your poor little nail! I like the way you added the black tips to extend the mani, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even explain how much I love using these!!! They are perfect for girls with super curved nails (you and me included hehhe) - they are fun, bright, don't lift at the edges and stay on for a loooong time!!! I have gotten the hang of it now and I get 2 full mani/pedi applications out of the box - have to justify the $17 it costs in Australia. I also love that we can ship these freely by air!!! If ever you come across a dirt cheap bin of these beauties - please grab some for me as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And btw - we are behind - they've only released last year's Easter designs here and this is the first time I' m seeing the awesome jack-o-lantern design! (sorry for the looooong essay cheers!)

      Delete
  4. oh the jack-o-lantern ones are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look so greeat!
    I love it!
    Glad everything went so cool with the meeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you show these...you make me want to get some hehe. The jack-o-lantern ones are cute!
    Aw I hope your nail grows quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting to hear you thought on them!
    ..." a whole lot of chatting" - nah really, when polish girls are in the same room, hahahha - sounds like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fantastic to meet you and The Holo Queen and hang out!

    SEND MORE COOKIE BUTTER! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those patch-o-lanterns are too cute! Sucks about that break, though. :/ Did a great job fixing it. Can't wait to hear how the gel-strips worked out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.