Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wheels B6, C6, D6, and E6: Taupe and Brown Cremes

Nail Wheel Wednesday is back from its long summer vacation and so energized that today I've got four wheels to share, all with cremes in taupe and brown with a few tan ones.



1. China Glaze Below Deck (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Tough Taupe (2)
3. Sephora by OPI Metro Chic (3)
4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Slick Slate (2)
5. Zoya Jana (2)
6. Joe Fresh Storm (3)
7. P2 Color Victim Rich & Royal (3)
8. Essence Colour & Go Walk of Fame (2)
9. Essie Merino Cool (3)
10. Pixel Sizzel In (3)
11. Orchid Ain't No Sunshine (2)
12. NYC Expert Last Persistent Putty (2)
13. Revlon Top Speed Stormy (2)
14. NYC In a New York Color Minute Park Ave (2)
15. Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Fearless Fog (2)
16. American Apparel Mouse (2)
17. Barielle Putt-E-On Me (2)
18. Illamasqua Stagnate (3)
19. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Refined Creme (3)
20. Catrice From Dusk to Dawn (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10 (the last two didn't line up in their wheel order—naughty bottles):


11 through 15:


16 through 20:





1. Essie Glamour Purse (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen New Lengths Sandstone Creme (2)
3. Studio M Sophisticated Lad (2)
4. Milani Teddy Bare (2)
5. s-he 500 (2)
6. MB Express Finish Cocoa Bean (2)
7. MB Salon Finish Mocha Blast (3)
8. Essie Hot Coco (3)
9. Barry M Mushroom (2)
10. L'Oreal Devotion (2)
11. OPI Over the Taupe (3)
12. Catrice Lost in Mud (2)
13. Finger Paints Haute Taupe (2)
14. GOSH Miss Mole (2)
15. Orly Prince Charming (3)
16. Sinful Colors Nirvana (3)
17. China Glaze Street Chic (2)
18. Sally Hansen New Lengths Brownstone Creme (3)
19. Finger Paints Hue Are You (2)
20. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Touch of Mink (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:





1. Ulta Professional Bare It All (3 coats)
2. OPI Tickle My Francey (2)
3. H & M Taupe (2)
4. Ulta Concrete Jungle (2)
5. Borghese Arrivederci Mist (3)
6. Milani Bare to Wear (3)
7. Ulta Professional In the Mood (3)
8. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Concrete (2)
9. Sparitual Living in the Moment (2)
10. Sally Hansen New Lengths Granite Creme (3)
11. Accessorize unknown mini (2)
12. OPI Affair in Times Square (3)
13. Sonia Kashuk Tauped (2)
14. Hard Candy Mushroom (3)
15. L'Oreal Cockatoo's Wisdom (3)
16. Ulta Fine Pruned (3)
17. Studio M Positively Posh (3)
18. Sally Hansen Salon Dusk (3)
19. Essence Secrets of the Past Matroyshka Doll (2)
20. Models Own Nude Beige (2)

Bottles 1 through 6:


7 through 12:


13 through 18:


19 and 20 (another failure to line up in wheel order):





1. Carlos Santos 579 (2)
2. Essie Mink Muffs (3)
3. Chanel Particulière (3)
4. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Bittersweet (2)
5. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Leather Creme (4)
6. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Racy Creme (3)
7. Sally Hansen New Lengths Cobblestone Creme (2)
8. Rescue Beauty Lounge Fortissimo (2)
9. Nicole by OPI Kim Confidential (3)
10. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Honey Whip (2)
11. RGB Camel (2)
12. Nails Inc. Cadogan Square (2)
13. China Glaze Mahogany Magic (2)
14. Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison (3)
15. Orly Decades of Dysfunction (3)
16. Nails Inc. Porcester Square (3)
17. L'Oreal Eiffel for You (2)
18. Spoiled Steel the Show (2)
19. NARS Bad Influence (2)
20. China Glaze Foie Gras (2)

Bottles 1 through 3:


4 through 8:


10 through 13:


14 through 20:


Ah, it's good to be back to doing these nail wheel posts, if only to remind myself of what I have. Of course, I hope some of you reading these find them interesting/helpful/etc. I just know I have a better sense of my stash when I see it sections of it laid out like this.

16 comments:

  1. HAHA Everything on wheel one and two look the same >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your young eyes, surely you can see that some are .0005% darker. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow - I am guessing you "kind of like" taupe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up at that first wheel. I'm definitely on board with the "they're not the same, they're SIMILAR" school of thought, but that definitely gives me pause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! I can definitely see some slight differences in the first two wheels. Some are obviously warmer/cooler than others. Little darker/lighter here and there. Impressive selection. So glad to see NWW back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay nail wheels! Thanks for all the swatchy goodness. So, do you actually have more taupe polishes than you do purples?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, hmmm, I don't think taupes outnumber purples, but I don't actually know. If I were more consistent in how I tagged things, I could figure that out. Sounds like a new project. :)

      Delete
  6. hehe so glad to see a nail wheel post! You captured my heart! I love these shades!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of brown and taupe creams! I don't see a whole lot of difference on #1 or #2...I guess my eyes aren't young enough! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mrsrexy, I know if you saw them in person you'd be able to spot the differences, subtle though they may be. :)

      Delete
  8. I am looking for a dupe for China Glaze Foie Gras, which would you say is the closest dupe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, there are so many similar shades it's hard to say which is the closest. I did just look on Amazon and see Foie Gras itself is still available from a couple sellers at reasonable prices, so maybe you just want to get the original.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.