Monday, March 8, 2021

Essie Gorge-ous Geodes Collection

The Essie Gorge-ous Geodes holo polishes from 2019 sat in my swatching box nearly forever waiting for my motivation to coincide with a sunny day in the studio. Finally everything aligned, and I pulled them out. Left to right: Rock Your World, Stop Look & Glisten, Semi-Precious Tones, Of Quartz, Gorge-ous Geodes, and You're a Gem.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
I wanted to work quickly because sun is not reliable around here much of the year, so I didn't swatch these individually. First up, the two cooler tones: Rock Your World, a silver, and Stop Look & Glisten, a charcoal brown. I used two coats of each plus topcoat. Here they are in the lightbox; you can see a little bit of the rainbow glow even in this indirect light.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
In direct room light, more of the colors from the holo showed.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
Of course as these things go, when I was ready to take full sun pictures, the sun went and hid behind clouds, so I've got filtered sun photos instead:
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
What with the sun getting iffy, I put the remaining four on in a Skittles mani (top to bottom): Semi-Precious Tones (light warm gold), Of Quartz (sandy gold), Gorge-ous Geodes (rose-y copper), and You're a Gem (rose-y brown). All two coats plus topcoat.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
Here they are in direct room light:
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
And here they are in the sun:
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
These are pretty, though I wish they'd widened the color range a bit. The two golds are very close to each other, for instance. I did a "gradient" with three of the warm tones, and I can't really tell it's a gradient.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes
In sun, you can see a tiny bit of difference between the base of my nails and the tips, but nothing dramatic.
 
Essie Gorge-ous Geodes

4 comments:

  1. Nice holos. I cannot resist a holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ananka, for a mainstream in this day and age, they are pretty good, I agree.

      Delete
  2. I also had an eye on these, but ended up not buying them. I think I was in the mood for brighter colours that day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbowify Me, I can certainly understand that. These are very muted.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.