Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blue Sangwich and Glitter in the Air

Late entry today because I was fighting with getting my photos uploaded. I was about to give in and just give up control and do them through Blogger but finally used clues in an e-mail I got from my hosting company to figure out a tweak to my FTP setup that worked and here I am.

When I posted the frankens from Beanies and swatched the pink one last week, a lot of people commented that they'd like to see the blue one, Blue Sangwich. So here it is, three coats of it (no top coat):





Multi glitters in a colored base always make me think of Deborah Lippmann. Beanie's Blue Sangwich is a blue cousin to Lippman's Candy Shop, but I don't have Candy Shop (yet, anyway), so I pulled out Glitter in the Air to sample instead. This is four coats, no top coat:







And here are the two together:





I think you can tell which is which without me telling you. Blue Sangwich is more of a fun party, with lots of colors flitting about, while Glitter in the Air is a more quiet gathering.

UPDATE 28-Nov-2011: Beanie has now got these glitter frankens on offer in her blog sale. I swatched the other colors here and here.

25 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the shade of blue.

    I didn't like Glitter in the Air when it first came out but it has grown on me. Not enough to buy it lol but I tried frankening it. It didn't go well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very nice! I love GitA, I'm working on a frankendupe of it but I could really use some suspension base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks so adorable on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so pretty I think I prefer blue sangwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Sangwich looks like what I wanted GitA to be. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the franken even more than DL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your version is SO much better. I really wanted Glitter In The Air before I saw swatches... then swatches came out and I was like "woah... I'm paying how much for just nothing really?". Your franken is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the franken more, much more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't seem to go wrong either way with these two :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer Blue Sangwich much more, Glitter in the Air is so sheer, it's disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them both but I love Blue Sangwich more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue Sangwich is most definitely my favorite here :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. HMMMM-a fun party vs a quiet gathering-you really crack me up!! That blue franken is not half bad! Of course, it is a glitter-so I can only like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of them! The franken would be the one I'd choose to wear though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are gorgeous, but I may like the franken one better =]
    I'm attempting to make my own version of this soon.... just need to get my hands on some glitters that don't like to melt... =/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your description of the comparison at the end. I think I like the franken better :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are gorgeous and are curiously making me hungry for some candy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the franken! The tiny glitter really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blue.....definitely prettier than the DL to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice comparison I love blue sangwich so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, everyone! Beanie did a great job making Blue Sangwich, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you soooo much Karen for posting my frankens! it's so nice of you to say everything you said and to take the time to even compare it with another color! you are the greatest!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.