Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Other Two Frankens by Beanie

I couldn't swatch only two of the frankens I won from My Blue Lacquer, so today I have the remaining two, completing the set that started with Las Vegas Watermelon and continued with Blue Sangwich. Now, because I have a lazy streak, I did swatch the last two together, using Purple Nerple with Are You Yellow-ous? as an accent nail. I used four coats of each.

Purple Nerple has different sizes of holo glitter and some small purple glitter and some even smaller silver glitter. It's like all my favorite things in one polish. I really want to experiment with layering this one. Next time I will have to spend enough time to coax some of the really big hex glitters out of the bottle.





Yellows can be so tricky, so it was a nice discovery when Are You Yellow-ous? applied well and looked good. Maybe there's a touch of green in there that makes it work for me; I'm not sure. I do know that Beanie made great color choices when adding the glitter to this; they all go together so nicely. (Next time I will get some of those stars out. If I'm not feeling too lazy, that is.)





Another thing I know is that it's hard to hold two bottles at one time.



I hope Beanie comes back to her blog soon with more frankens, because this batch is quite good.

UPDATE 28-Nov-2011: Beanie has now got these glitter frankens on offer in her blog sale. I swatched the other colors here and here.

17 comments:

  1. I love both of them and all the glitters in both are spectacular! Those large hex and star glitters will have to come out of there at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Purple Nurple. I'm not much on yellow, but that one isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are really pretty!! My fave if the yellow though! Looks like gelato! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job beanie! they're both so pretty but I'm loving the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both very nice...and the name Purple Nerple makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow is my favorite! Such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice, but 4 coats... but they will be great for layering, as you said :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both! Can't wait to see you layering with these =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I like the yellow! It seems like a color that doesn't get enough love in nail polish companies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you once again karen! like i said before you are THE GREATEST!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.