Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Elle Imperial Purple and Saturday Night Shimmer

Back before Christmas, I included the Elle nail polish at Kohl's in my display post and said I was waiting to buy some until I could get the price down from $10. Sometime after that, I got a good coupon so picked up some. I've got two today: Imperial Purple and Saturday Night Shimmer.



I chose Imperial Purple because of the coppery highlights I could see in the shimmer.



On the nail, the copper wasn't immediately visible; it just looked like a plummy wine color (not what I call purple, exactly).



At an angle, though, the copper did show up, turning the plummy wine deeper and richer. It's like a really, really subtle duochrome, and I like it a lot.





I also like the glow Imperial Purple has in low light:



Saturday Night Shimmer is a dusty mauve with a purple flash in the shimmer, along the lines of Essie Demure Vixen. I'm not sure what this has to do with Saturday night—it seems quite office approriate, even for a conservative workplace. Saturday night is much more flashy in my head (not in my reality, though; many times that's when Mr. Karen and I do our grocery shopping since the store is never crowded).







The purple flash in the shimmer is on the shy side, but it does show up more in low light.



I had no issues with application. Imperial Purple was two coats and Saturday Night Shimmer was three (no topcoat on either). I don't think I'd pay full price, but on sale and/or with a coupon I can see myself getting more colors.

*****

UPDATE 07-Mar-2013: You can see all the colors on the Kohl's Elle page.

7 comments:

  1. those two are really pretty! love imperial purple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imperial Purple is really nice, anyway none of them is really "Saturday night" to me (or at least what a Saturday night should mean, actually mine is even more quiet than yours, usually I'm at home, happy to have some rest).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shimmer in both. Great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imperial Purple is lovely once the shimmer shows - both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are pretty but like you said I wouldn't pay full price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are pretty! I like Saturday Night, but I wouldn't pay $10 for it either. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.