Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wheel: Color Club Meet Your Match

I have something a bit different for this Nail Wheel Wednesday. I debated with myself about this one ... whether to do it, and then having done it, whether to post it. Because what I did was go swatch the Color Club Meet Your Match polishes on a nail wheel while standing next to the display at Walmart. I know. These are not testers. But they are opaque bottles and it was really frustrating me to not be able to see the polish—how am I going to meet my match if my match is hiding? So I took a fresh nail wheel into the store and carefully painted one tip with each shade. I was as careful and respectful as I could be given I was doing something I shouldn't be. I didn't paint on the display; I didn't drip polish all over the neck of the bottles. I expected someone might say something to me at some point, but no one ever did. I few customers walked by but no one seemed all that curious about what I was doing, and the clerk when I checked out didn't appear to even notice I was carefully handling the still-wet wheel as I paid for the polishes I did buy.



1. Color Club Stark Naked
2. Color Club Nothing to Wear
3. Color Club In the Buff
4. Color Club Birthday Suit
5. Color Club DM Nudes
6. Color Club Undress to Impress
7. Color Club Feelin' Free
8. Color Club Let It All Out
9. Color Club Nothing But a Smile
10. Color Club Who Gives a Buck
11. Color Club Stripped Away
12. Color Club Out in the Open
13. Color Club Dare to Bare
14. Color Club Take It All Off
15. Color Club Without a Stitch
16. Color Club The Skin You're In
17. Color Club Exposed
18. Color Club Au Natural

Here's the display again so you can compare to the wheel:



My closest match is #9, Nothing But a Smile.



In the above pic, it looks like #5, DM Nudes, might also work, but that's because it's in shadow there. Lit well, it's too light.



I applaud Color Club for coming out with such a wide range of shades. I wish they had shown them off in clear glass bottles, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.