Monday, March 4, 2019

Butter London Flights of Fancy Set

A little while back, I had an Ulta coupon and used that as an excuse to look at the website, where I found the Butter London Flights of Fancy set, which then found its way into my cart and eventually into my possession. This has three shades of Patent Shine 10X polish, all in the Crushed Diamonds subfamily (this apparently has diamond dust in it): Pink Diamond, Crushed Diamonds, and Purple Diamond.



The Pink Diamond I received is much more ivory and much less pink than shown on the Ulta website; I guess the pigment faded? At any rate, it's a shimmer that I ended up using four coats of because it didn't self-level very well.





In direct light, the shimmer shows up better and I thought maybe I could see a hint of a pink flash, but I might have been deluding myself on that, just hoping it would be more like the photo on the website.



Crushed Diamonds is a white flakie that looks very pretty, something like snow, in the bottle.



I added one coat of Crushed Diamonds over Pink Diamond; the combinationi was subtle but pleasing, definitely better than Pink Diamond alone.





Purple Diamond is a slightly dusty purple shimmer that's perfectly opaque in two coats and perfectly shiny without topcoat.





Crushed Diamonds topping Purple Diamond is a more contrasting look than over Pink Diamond. Even with just the one coat of Crushed Diamonds, the flakies coverage is quite dense.





Two out of three isn't bad; I like Crushed Diamonds and Purple Diamond. Pink Diamond is not a winner, at least the bottle I got. The set is still available on the Ulta website for $19 as of this writing. If you get a coupon that works on this brand and like purple and flakies, it might be worth it, though these are small bottles (6 ml each).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.