Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wheel D12: Light Orange Cremes

Now that I've been back home for a bit after my November and early December travel, I'm starting to get back to my regular routines, such as they are, which means Nail Wheel Wednesday is back. Today it's light orange cremes, with shades sometimes get called "peach" or "apricot" and shades that sometimes get called "nude" because certain skintones have been centered as the standard for too long. There is more variation in hue on this wheel than I like to have but I'm feeling like I just need to push through and get this project done before I've got to move into a retirement home, where I surely won't be able to have as big a polish stash as I do now. Granted, I hope that move won't happen for at least a couple decades, but one never really knows what life holds.

Some of these polishes show some pigment settling in the bottles even after I shook them well. I'm thinking I may need to invest in a polish shaker machine or possibly look into the tattoo ink mixer option I've read about for mixing polishes. But then I look around at all things I already have cluttering my space and wonder if I should add yet more. If you have a polish shaker or tattoo ink mixer, please let me know if you would buy them again.



1. Studio M Sidewalk Chalk (3 coats) [2 coats might have worked]
2. Studio M Summer Vacation (2) [wish I'd put this one in position 1, then it would be more clear how similar Sidewalk Chalk and Band Practice are, with their less-pink-thank-Summer-Vacation hue and satin finish, though Band Practice is satin-leaning-to-matte while Sidewalk Chalk is just satin]
3. Studio M Band Practice (2)
4. Leighton Denny Babydoll (3) [well, this bottle fooled me into thinking the color was lighter than it turned out to be]
5. L'Oreal Bubble Trouble (4)
6. Deborah Lippmann P.Y.T. (4)
7. L'Oreal The Palace Life (3) [didn't look so pink in the bottle]
8. L'Oreal Sheer Rose (4)[I miss this style bottle even though the cap often was a little out of line when tightened; I like that the shape is more interesting than the typical square or round, and they nestle together so nicely in a Helmer drawer ... I am looking forward to sorting by brand again when I'm done with this wheel project]
9. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Apricot (3) [2 coats would also have worked]
10. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Floaties (3) [almost a 2 coater]
11. Sinful Colors Poudre (3) [almost a 2 coater]
12. Sinful colors Let's Playa (3) [almost a 2 coater]
13. Revlon ColorStay Seashell (4)
14. Cult Nails Evolution (3)
15. Essie Back in the Limo (4)
16. NYC In a New York Color Minute Sunset Park Pink (3)
17. Essie A Crewed Interest (3)
18. Maybelline Color Show In the Blush (3)
19. Ciate Baby Doll (3) [surprised me by being matte, and a nice true matte at that]
20. Jenna Hipp Hashtag (3) [looks so similar to the Ciate in the bottle, not at all on the nail tip]


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:



11 through 15:



16 through 20:


















1 comment:

  1. Not really my kind of colours. I do have the Ciate polish though - it was part of the Dolls House set and they were lovely but a nightmare to apply!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.